• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please help me create my tasker profile.

john woo

Lurker
Nov 13, 2015
How to setup a task (or app if you have one in mind) to have wifi turn on and sync in a set defined interval? eg. Have wifi turn on once every 15 minutes and sync data/apps for one minute and then turn wifi off again. Yet at the sametime not have the interval occurring when the screen is on and being used.

Welcome to Android Froums.

I don;t know what you mean by "sync data/apps for one minute". If this means "enable WiFi for one minute" then this profile might do it ...

Profile: woo
State: Display State [ Is:Off ]
Enter: Anon
A1: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:0 Minutes:15 Hours:0 Days:0 ]
A2: WiFi [ Set:On ]
A3: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:0 Minutes:1 Hours:0 Days:0 ]
A4: WiFi [ Set:Off ]
Exit: Anon
A1: WiFi [ Set:Off ]

... Thom

Upvote 0
Hi thanks, yes I want something like this to toggle wifi at set intervals in the background. How can I adjust this profile so that the wifi turns on when the screen is on, but without messing up this profile. Also, is there a way to make this entire profile only active when at my home using State: Cell Near?

Thanks!

Welcome to Android Froums.

I don;t know what you mean by "sync data/apps for one minute". If this means "enable WiFi for one minute" then this profile might do it ...

... Thom

Upvote 0
WiFi Near is more reliable ... like ...

State: Wifi Near [ SSID:TLANET-5GHz MAC:* Capabilities:* Min. Activate Signal Level:0 Channel:0 Toggle Wifi:Off ]

... you need to change my SSID to yours.

It is time you started experimenting to find how to do stuff your way.

... Thom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones