please help me decide which phone i should buy at $200

Last Updated:

1. flafy

flafy Member This Topic's Starter

hi im new here...
    im planning on buy samsung i7500
    i know its a lil bit old

but my budget arround $200. i love the 8Gb Rom,5mp,amoled. i hate 128mb only Ram. thats it.

is there any other phone that betterthan i7500 at that price range? any suggestion.

thank you for your replay.

Advertisement
  2. thrawn86

thrawn86 Well-Known Member

can usually get a galaxy S for that much w/ contract and its pretty much the top of the line for android at the moment.

3. Palmetto Fellow

Palmetto Fellow Well-Known Member

A lot of the higher end Smart phones are hovering around the $200 mark with contract.

Are you getting it for $200 without contract? If this is your plan, check out eBay. You may get better for your $200.

4. flafy

@pallmetto fellow
    yes im planning buy it without Contract. more spesific suggestion? i saw yesterday its 300$ i7500 without contract.

@thrawn
    im live at indonesia. so cant use the contract. must buy one without contract.

still confuse if there is any better phone for $200

5. mrqs

mrqs Well-Known Member

as a i7500 owner, i'd advice against it - the htc hero came out around the same time for around the same money with around the same specs, but even tho' i was lured in by the galaxy's larger internal storage and nicer physical appearance, i've since come to see the hero would have been a much better buy

flafy likes this.
  6. flafy

@mrqs thanx for the replay. but can i get more specific answer?
    why i should buy hero rather than I7500.
    Hero win in ram and Multi touch support.
    but I7500 win in Amoled screen,Internal Memory,LedFlash,battery,nicer look.

thanx for your time ^^

7. mrqs

mrqs Well-Known Member

one very important thing you've ommitted (as did i when i bought mine) is the manufacturer; htc >> samsung

samsung have said they will never release anything past donut for the galaxy (among others, at least the behold 2 that i know of) and the donut firmwares they have released are so buggy that a lot of people stuck with cupcake anyway
    of course there is community activity with custom roms, but that's the same for the hero (i'd imagine more so, because the hero is a more popular phone afaik)
    btw, it took samsung over half a year after release to finally release a firmware that didn't have massive bugs (not that it matters much anymore)

also, having used the galaxy for a year, i can vouch that 128 megs of ram really isn't enough for android

i agree that the galaxy has better hardware specs - like i said, i bought it after considering the hero - but today, because of the galaxy, i will not be buying a galaxy s, even tho' it's easily the best android phone on the finnish market, simply because it's made by samsung