• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please help me, evo touch screen problem

ymnrad

Lurker
Oct 13, 2010
Hi everybody,

I just bought a new Evo before 45 days, its still almost new but since two days I am facng a strange problem!!!! When ever I press the numbers 4 I get 7 or 5 I get 8 or 6 I get 9!!!!
Also when I want to confirm shutting down my phone, nothing happens!!! I cant press ok!!!!

What shall I do??? Is there anyay to replace the touch screen?? Is it possible???
Please I need your help...

Thanks alot

ymnrad

remove the battery. wait a couple minutes. reinstall/reboot and try again.

if no luck

factory reset -- note: u may lost some data. there are backup programs out there.

give more info please:

1. are you rooted?
2. do you have the latest sprint/HTC updates
3. did you install or remove any programs prior to this issue happening?
4. did you drop the phone, spill water on it?
5. have you had the phone in dusty/dirty environments?

Upvote 0
remove the battery. wait a couple minutes. reinstall/reboot and try again.

if no luck

factory reset -- note: u may lost some data. there are backup programs out there.

give more info please:

1. are you rooted?
2. do you have the latest sprint/HTC updates
3. did you install or remove any programs prior to this issue happening?
4. did you drop the phone, spill water on it?
5. have you had the phone in dusty/dirty environments?
Yes I am rooted....I also tried to install three different rooms.....problem not solved....seems to be hardware problem..

Yes I have the latest updates..
No, I didnt install or uninstall any program
No, I did not drop the phone.
My phone was always in my pocket

Upvote 0
I am having this problem too, not sure if it happened with the last update or not.

I'm really annoyed with it since I text a ton. I baby my phone too, so it's always in a case and i've never dropped it.

I'm still trying to figure out if it's software or hardware related.. so far i'm thinking hardware.

I'm going to try a hard reset next to rule out software. Whats the best way to backup my contacts and text messages?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones