Please help me find my music!!!

Last Updated:

1. randi6607

randi6607 Member This Topic's Starter

I am new to this forum and also a fairly new Droid user.
    I have searched for about a week to find an answer to my question, but none have matched my particular question. Please excuse me of I have overlooked it.

My problem is with finding music that I have previously downloaded on my phone using the Amazonmp3 app on my phone. None of my songs have been transferred from a PC and I don't currently have access to a PC. ALL of my songs are downloaded directly from my phone using amazonmp3 and other mp3 downloading application, 1 being Music Wizard. My stock music player,Meridian,and Tunewiki are only reading files that are in the Music Wizard file on my SD card. This is a new problem because until last week I was able to play all of my music files using any one of the music players. I am still able to see the files and play the songs when I look in Astro manager,they are just not being read in the players. In total there are about 350 songs and the music players are only picking up 69 of them. My playlists are also gone.

I have tried to fix it by pulling the battery and doing a hard reset, wwhich was recommended on some of the similar questions. Nothing I have done so far has helped. If anyone has any solutions or advice, it would be greatly appreciated. Please keep in mind that I don't have access to a computer.

Advertisement
  2. randi6607

I am new to this forum and also a fairly new Droid user.
    I have searched for about a week to find an answer to my question, but none have matched my particular question. Please excuse me of I have overlooked it.

My problem is with finding music that I have previously downloaded on my phone using the Amazonmp3 app on my phone. None of my songs have been transferred from a PC and I don't currently have access to a PC. ALL of my songs are downloaded directly from my phone using amazonmp3 and other mp3 downloading application, 1 being Music Wizard. My stock music player,Meridian,and Tunewiki are only reading files that are in the Music Wizard file on my SD card. This is a new problem because until last week I was able to play all of my music files using any one of the music players. I am still able to see the files and play the songs when I look in Astro manager,they are just not being read in the players. In total there are about 350 songs and the music players are only picking up 69 of them. My playlists are also gone.

I have tried to fix it by pulling the battery and doing a hard reset, wwhich was recommended on some of the similar questions. Nothing I have done so far has helped. If anyone has any solutions or advice, it would be greatly appreciated. Please keep in mind that I don't have access to a computer.

3. bleedGreen

bleedGreen Well-Known Member

Try using Mixzing-when installed.....it "SHOULD" just "find" your music and be able to play. TuneWiki is (I really dont think) is a music player pra-tell. I'm surprised your stock music player has not found your music either. Are you a MotoDroid (1/2/X) user?
    Hope this helps.

4. randi6607

Thank you for your reply. I have a Droid 2. I actually forgot to mention it in my post, but I did install Mixzing when this problem first occurred, but it didn't help either. I feel like I am out of avenues for a solution. I am frustrated because I have more than $300 worth of songs that I bought and I can't even play them.

5. bleedGreen

bleedGreen Well-Known Member

Might have to go to a bigRed store and have a tek figure something out. If you got it a little while ago....they will DEFINETELY find whats up. Under warrenty.

6. randi6607

Does anyone know of a # that I can call to get advice over the phone?

7. smroark

smroark Well-Known Member

*611 from your mobile phone
    they can/will call your home number while you are on the phone with them if they need to.

8. randi6607

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I know where to come with future questions, which I'm sure will be plentiful.:)

9. aaronlittle77

aaronlittle77 New Member

did you get a fix for this? i'm having the same problem

10. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

This is a setup for massive fail. Always back up anything important, regardless of where the original is stored. This is especially true for mobile devices which are easily lost/stolen/broken. SD cards can and do fail and you'd be totally SOL if anything happened to your device or SD card.

Despite the OP's situation, I'd suggest using a PC to verify that the files (namely the ones that the music apps aren't picking up but can be verified to exist on the card) aren't corrupted.

11. stevenlong

stevenlong Well-Known Member

Amazon mp3 stores your songs on the sdcard in a directory called amazonmp3.
    In this directory you will find a directory for each artist