Please help me get swype once and for all.

Last Updated:

1. rjjr2531

rjjr2531 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i have tried registering and downloading from my phone and a pc...one error was expired and the other was regarding my screen resolution...help a brotha' out pls!

thanks

Advertisement
  2. Jgrand03

Jgrand03 Well-Known Member

search for "idiot proof guide swype for evo" or something of that nature on here or xda-developers I cant quite remember where I saw it

3. AcBush

AcBush Well-Known Member

Yeah. What jgrand said. I did it and got it to work well, before I had my Beta Version.

4. andyman97

andyman97 Member

Swype has reopened beta testing to all users, not site if you've tried already but go to swype.com and register. They'll confirm your account via email then just log in and download.it was fairly straightforward and it's the latest beta. Hope this helps.

5. djdisturbed

djdisturbed Well-Known Member

make sure you delete the old/other version of it off your phone before you install the newer version that swype is testing now (and get legit when you sign up to be a beta tester on the swype web site)

6. fredsmith

fredsmith Well-Known Member

I'm convinced that swype isn't beta testing, they are using the beta program as the "first free hit of crack" to get us hooked. I'm addicted now, and am just wondering what the final cost of the product will be.

7. chadk881

chadk881 Member

Using swype to post this I love it will never type any other way on a mobile device again lol. When down loading the beta I had to use dolphin hd browser because it wouldn't recognize the phone with the stock browser.

Side note I live in ohio and traveled yesterday to northern california with a layover in denver. When I stopped on denver and again when I got to cali swype wouldn't work and I had to completely remove it from my phone and reinstall it in both cities to get it to work again.wondering if this is a time zone issue and if anyone else has had it?

Chad

8. lamboh

lamboh Well-Known Member

Swype is the shizNit.....i remember reading on the swype website and troubleshooting said you must uninstall first then reinstall....had to reinstall and it worked.....

9. rjjr2531

Thanks guys

10. cre8ivenail

cre8ivenail Active Member

Swype came pre-installed on my phone :D!
    And while I don't use it all the time it is amazing and very accurate.

11. rjjr2531

i finally got it, thanks to everyone!...sems little better then shape writer

12. wayne8888

wayne8888 Member

I registered for, downloaded and installed Swype Beta on my Evo. I tried the tutorial and only in the tutorial did I see the option to choose Swype entry over tap. It works in tutorial but how do I make it work outside of the tutorial (like in text messaging). I have the Swype keyboard checked in the keyboard settings area. When I try to swype over the letters in a given word, I don't see the track of my swype and only the last letter in the series appears. What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks in advance!

Wayne

13. rjjr2531

download from second link on xda

14. itstheN

itstheN New Member

Long press inside the text box and change input method to swype...

wayne8888 and edwelly like this.
  15. wayne8888

wayne8888 Member

Thanks! After re-downloading and paying attention to the instructions, it finally worked.