PLease help me guys , today i bought htc wildfire S and i cannot connect it to pcSupport

1. saud678

saud678 Member

UsB debugging is On and then also drive appear but when i open it its nothing inside it , i have 8gb card on my phone + i can view pictures and videos on my card through my phone but problem occur when i connect it to PC ...
    please help me guys , i bought it today, and instead of happy i am sad of this :confused:

Advertisement
    :
  2. ParAndoid

ParAndoid New Member

If Im not mistaken, when you connect android phone to a pc you get a screen on your phone with a button saying something like "browse phone" . You have to click it for it to appear on your pc

Mind you, if the phone appears as a drive but you cant view the files then the problem may be that you dont have the appropriate programs to view files. I would recommend you instal VLC player for viewing video and Irfanview to view / edit photos

Hope that helps
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!

do you have htc sync installed? you will need at least the drivers that come with it in order for your phone to be seen by the computer.
  4. saud678

saud678 Member

Yes , i have installed it , explanation mark appears on my phone and nothing more :(
    please help me guys
  5. saud678

saud678 Member

Explanation mark appears on the top , i have selected DISK DRIVE ..
  6. ocnbrze

could it be your sd card maybe? not sure if your phone has an internal sd card or not? are you sure the photos are stored on the sd card? do you have a card reader. if so maybe see if the pc can see the card that way. if not then maybe it is the sd card.
  7. saud678

saud678 Member

no , i have installed songs on sd card and i can view them on my phone , my phone is charging via usb but not connecting :(
  8. saud678

saud678 Member

My pc says , device driver software was not succesfully installed ..
  9. saud678

saud678 Member

check these images to understand my problem ..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. ocnbrze

11. Davdi

Davdi Well-Known Member Contributor

My Wildfire S (Rooted, WC3ROM) mounts both partitions on the SD card reliably in Linux, but not always in Windows 7. Windows seems to have trouble with the drivers.

If you haven't already, give Linux a try, Mint (Main Page - Linux Mint) is probably the best place to start. It's a Live disk, so you can run it from your DVD drive and not touch the HDD unless/until you want to install it. Mint will quite happily live alongside Windows, and will handle the partitioning automatically for you. Just be aware that if you have a new PC with Win8 pre-installed, you'll need to go into the UEFI(BIOS) and enable Legacy Boot before you can boot from the DVD drive or install anything other than Microsoft OSes.
    ocnbrze likes this.
  12. Caro332

Caro332 Well-Known Member

Had the same problem on a windows 7 laptop. It just wouldn't show. Luckily I had an old laptop that had xp on it and didn't have any problem.
    Like Davdi said, try Linux or even an older version of windows (or windows 8 if you have it)