Please help me, I am dumb about this stuff

1. brainwrk

brainwrk New Member

I purchased a droid 2 from a friend right after she purchased it and decided she didn't like it. Technically I should stil have a valid manufacturer warranty but I don't according to my provided because I bought it from someone else.

At any rate...the keyboard, not the touch screen, is typing multiple letters for some characters and not anything for others. So a text message looks something like this..."I guess but they are droiid like this one afraiid they will do the samme thing, I think they may divide it into 3 paymments." This has happened before but not to this extent, I turned off the phone and it was better after I turned it back on. Has not been dropped or around any water, just wondering if there may be a software glich or something going on, the P key is the one that usually doesn't type anything when pressed.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
    :
  2. emilyy2490

emilyy2490 New Member

I've had the same problem for severak months now and going into the verizon store didn't help at ALL. The guy just asked me if I was pushing the buttons twice.............

So anyway, the only thing he could come up with was to completely reset the phone. I didn't want to do it, so I'm not sure if it works but if you're willing, give it a try. The double letters DON'T stop! I've heard in other forums that it's a common Droid 2 problem but for some reason the store I went to had no idea and wouldn't give me a new one :( That's the only possible solution I've heard so far, though!
  3. Daino92

Daino92 Well-Known Member

i don't know if this would help or not, but go ahead and give it a shot.
    Go to settings-Applications--Mannage Applications-All and then find the multitouch keybord and clear the data. See if that will fix any problems. :D
  4. lrv

lrv Well-Known Member

This is a hardware issue. You can purchase a new keyboard on eBay, Amazon, etc., and replace it. There is a good tutorial somewhere on the 'net that I used about two weeks ago, and it's working great.