Please help me, I am dumb about this stuff

Last Updated: 2011-09-27 15:10:34
  1. brainwrk

brainwrk New Member

I purchased a droid 2 from a friend right after she purchased it and decided she didn't like it. Technically I should stil have a valid manufacturer warranty but I don't according to my provided because I bought it from someone else.

At any rate...the keyboard, not the touch screen, is typing multiple letters for some characters and not anything for others. So a text message looks something like this..."I guess but they are droiid like this one afraiid they will do the samme thing, I think they may divide it into 3 paymments." This has happened before but not to this extent, I turned off the phone and it was better after I turned it back on. Has not been dropped or around any water, just wondering if there may be a software glich or something going on, the P key is the one that usually doesn't type anything when pressed.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. emilyy2490

emilyy2490 New Member

I've had the same problem for severak months now and going into the verizon store didn't help at ALL. The guy just asked me if I was pushing the buttons twice.............

So anyway, the only thing he could come up with was to completely reset the phone. I didn't want to do it, so I'm not sure if it works but if you're willing, give it a try. The double letters DON'T stop! I've heard in other forums that it's a common Droid 2 problem but for some reason the store I went to had no idea and wouldn't give me a new one :( That's the only possible solution I've heard so far, though!
  3. Daino92

Daino92 Well-Known Member

i don't know if this would help or not, but go ahead and give it a shot.
    Go to settings-Applications--Mannage Applications-All and then find the multitouch keybord and clear the data. See if that will fix any problems. :D
  4. lrv

lrv Well-Known Member

This is a hardware issue. You can purchase a new keyboard on eBay, Amazon, etc., and replace it. There is a good tutorial somewhere on the 'net that I used about two weeks ago, and it's working great.