Please help me... I hate my PHOTONSupport

1. jaimeyjones

jaimeyjones New Member

So, I finally had everything where I wanted it.

1) I Turned my Photon ON... battery gets hot.

2) I installed Farkle, and Facebook

5) MOST of my apps could be stored on SD

6) the Only apps I had were games (mostly Angry birds), Facebook, Instagram, AVG Free, Farkle, Doodle Jump, Draw Something, and Temple Run, Zedge, MP3 Ringtone Maker... ect.

I was playing with some apps, most of which came with the device, when I started getting a whole lot of short circuiting. Touch screen would go unresponsive, and flicker, text or email would flip the cursor all over, and open all sorts of menus, the phone would be unresponsive or make random calls. It got so bad that I refreshed back to factory spec. I reloaded everything and had the same problems. So, I restored again, and only reloaded farkle . Same problem so I restored and wiped my card. Now I'm running JUST wall paper, and farkle... and again, this keeps happening.

Any similar experiences? What was the cause?

Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. simcha

simcha Well-Known Member

Ok, I have an idea. You might not like it.

Farkle is a Facebook game, right?

Your problem might be Farkle. What permissions does Farkle require on your phone?

To me it sounds like you have some sort of malware on your phone that is allowing an outside agent to take control of your phone. I've had similar issues after loading apps that require some very intrusive permissions on my phone.

I suggest you get rid of Farkle. Do a factory reset. Add the apps you had except Farkle onto your phone one by one to see if the problem starts after adding any of those apps. Test each app as you add it.

Get avast! Mobile security app installed on your phone before adding any apps. Avast! Should scan every app you add and should be able to alert you if a virus or other malware is riding on any app.

Good luck. That sounds painful.
  3. busted bones

busted bones Well-Known Member

Simcha seems to be on the right track. The common denominator is farkle in all of this.