please help me!! i have the yellow triangle and im scared!!Support

Last Updated: 2013-02-20 19:21:32
  1. hakgao

hakgao Member

I just got my SGS2 about 5 hours ago. And i decided to try and root it. After i loaded the insecure file into my phone, it rebooted with the yellow traingle!!

I searched google for a way to remove it and i did find a method.. BUT i did not remember what my stock kernal was!!! or the version of the CF-root i used!!

OMG i am so scared some one please help me...am i screwed!!??? omg......:(:(:(

Advertisement
  2. steslatt

steslatt Well-Known Member

The triangle does not actually effect your phone at all, it will work just the same if you leave it on.
    Go into settings>about phone - what is your android version, kernel version and build number?
  3. hakgao

hakgao Member

Its stuck at the boot screen with the yellow triangle ....... it doesnt go any further than that!! it wont start :(
  4. steslatt

Sounds like you may have flashed the wrong kernel maybe. I suggest flashing some new firmware. KJ3 is the lastest. Check my sig for a guide.
  5. hakgao

hakgao Member

i cant even turn on my phone!! it only turns on by itself when i plug it into a charger(with the yellow triangle boot screen)...

god this is a brand new phone............!!!!!!!! what am i gonna do!! grrr
  6. steslatt

Ok remove the battery.
    Put the battery back in
    Hold power key, home key and volume down for a few seconds
    Does this get you into download mode?
  7. hakgao

hakgao Member

No it wont go into download mode and neither will it turn on(without the plug). Ive tried pulling out the battery many times.

It only comes on when its plugged it.
  8. steslatt

Your last hope is a usb jig then...
  9. hakgao

hakgao Member

Could i just do a factory reset??? i dont care about the data loss!! i just want my phone to work!! :( :( :(
  10. steslatt

Can you get into recovery?
    When power is off hold power key, home key and volume up
  11. hakgao

hakgao Member

I can't turn it on without the plug.. But maybe its because it has no battery(i drained it to 0% before this happened to condition my baterry)... But it isnt showing the charging icon when i charge it...And ive also left it on the plug for about 10 mins now...it still wont turn on

BTW it KEEPS rebooting when i plug it into my computer...does that mean anything??
  12. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Does it also restart when connected to the wall charger?

Hold POWER + VOL_DN with one hand, plug in the charging cable and quickly press and hold HOME; this might get you into download mode.

Do you still have the CF-Root package file you downloaded on your PC? The file name will tell what kernel version it contains.
  13. steslatt

Plug the phone in then hold the power key, home key and volume down key for around 20 secs (let go if you get download mode). If that doesn't work try the same but with volume up key instead of volume down. If neither of these work then I digest a USB jig
  14. hakgao

hakgao Member

It was an XWKDD insecure boot. But im not even sure if chose the right firmware....

And my phone does not reboot continously if it is plugged into the wall charger

And NO "Hold POWER + VOL_DN with one hand, plug in the charging cable and quickly press and hold HOME" does not work.... The phone does NOT turn on while i hold down those three buttons.. it only turns on when i let them go... It goes to the boot screen with the yellow triangle...and stays there...

im really scared now...its very difficult for me to get a copy of jigusb because of my location....
  15. hakgao

hakgao Member

why the hell did i even try to root my phone.......now it screwed me over...omg.............
  16. steslatt

Did you try what I said for 20secs? A USB jig is a device that you plug into your phone, you can get them on ebay
  17. hakgao

hakgao Member

yes...i tried it way over 20 secs...

i live in vietnam...im not even sure if ebay delivers here........ ****.............
  18. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

That won't have helped as it's an early 2.3.3-based kernel and months updated.

That's a bit of a worry. Can you check the file name on your PC?

Okay, so connect it to the wall charger (it's off) then hold POWER + VOL_DN + HOME continuously..... what happens?
    hakgao likes this.
  19. hakgao

hakgao Member

I got into f***** download mode!!! Omfg omfg omfg!!!!!!

What do i do now!??? i have no idea what firmware to use!! i dont want to screw this up again......!!
  20. hakgao

hakgao Member

And i have no idea what filename you are talking about :( the only thing i downloaded was that insecure boot thingy...

If it helps i remember seeing that my firmware version was 2.3.5
  21. steslatt

You can use KJ3 which is 2.3.5 or I believe KK2 is out now which is 2.3.6
    hakgao likes this.
  22. hakgao

hakgao Member

So i flashed it with KJ3 kernal and its still stuck on the boot screen... is there any way i can just wipe the whole thing and reset it into factory mode??
    EDIT: I will try to flash it back to stock thanks alot for the help guys!!! :D :D
  23. steslatt

Flash the firmware not just the kernel
  24. hakgao

hakgao Member

omg......i tried to flash it with firmware XWKK2.... and it FAILED.

Now my phone wont even go to the boot screen when i turn it on!! It jsut shows a "phone - yellow triangle - computer" ICON...

WHAT DO I DO?!?!?! ****!!!
  25. hakgao

hakgao Member

<ID:0/013> Odin v.3 engine (ID:13)..
    <ID:0/013> File analysis..
    <ID:0/013> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/013> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/013> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/013> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/013> boot.bin
    <ID:0/013> NAND Write Start!!
    <ID:0/013>
    <ID:0/013> Complete(Write) operation failed.