Please help me!!! I'm stuck!!!

Last Updated:

1. basscommander

basscommander Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so friendstream was having problems, so I deleted it via adb earlier today. I have a sprint hero of course. I wasn't able to push friendstream.apk back onto my phone via adb for whatever reason. So i went online and found a friendstream.zip and dropped it onto my sd card. I went to recovery and flashed the zip. It then rebooted and got stuck in a boot loop. I run aloysius 2.1 ROM, and it is stuck on the colorful "X" boot screen. I did a nandroid restore, and it still was stuck on a boot loop, still! So I removed the sd card, put it on my laptop, and deleted the friendstream.zip and put the sd card back into my phone. I turned the phone back on, and it is still stuck on the boot loop. It stays on the boot screen, the it will stop, and start all over again. Can anyone please help me! I really hope I didn't just brick my damn phone! My wife will kill me!!!:(:(:(:(

Advertisement
  2. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

You might have to wipe and reflash the ROM. Sounds like something messed up with the friendstream.apk you tried to push.

To get friendstream back, just go into your aloysius zip file on your computer and pull the friendstream from there, then push it back to whatever folder it's supposed to be in. They seem to all have to be custom done for each particular ROM.

basscommander likes this.
  3. basscommander

Yeah, I'm going to wipe the phone now, because putting the old files on the sd card did not work. I'll go ahead and put the newer files back on the sd card, since it seems to be the phones memory that is keeping it in a boot loop.

Thanks for the info! :)

4. basscommander

If I wipe the phone I can't just do a nandroid restore can I? I have to re-flash the ROM again, correct?

Also, do I have to wipe the SD card and repartition it for my apps2sd? I run Aloysius 2.1

5. basscommander

Ok, so I put all the files that I saved in a folder on my desktop back onto my sd card, i did a wipe of my phone, then flashed re-flashed my rom, and when i selected "reboot" it went to the htc screen, then went to the boot screen, and is continuing to be stuck in a boot loop. What am I doing wrong?!? After wiping the phone, shouldn't it work with re-flashing the rom??? I run apps2sd, so if I wipe the sd card, i'll lose all the data on there, and have to re-partition it. I just do not understand how a wipe of the phone, and flashing the rom again would not fix this problem!!!

Anyone know what the hell is going on with this boot loop problem? Or any way that I can fix it?!?

6. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Wipe the first THREE options before reflashing the ROM ---OR--- before flashing your nandroid backup.

7. basscommander

So I will be wiping the "data/factory reset", wipe "dalvik-cache", and wipe SD:ext partition", correct? Will I lose everything on my sd card, or just lose the partition, and have to re-partition it after i re-flash the rom...?

I've been trying to fix this problem ALL day long, and am freaking out because I just can't seem to get it to boot up properly.

8. Kelmar

Correct, wipe those three.

It will not erase the normal stuff on your SD card, rather it wipes the partition. You will not need to repartition it.

Don't worry, we'll get it working for you :)

basscommander likes this.
  9. basscommander

Wiping the partition will keep the partition? Ok...lol, I'll take your word. I'll post here as soon as I'm done wiping everything...:(

:edit:

Ok, I wiped the first 3, like you said. I'm not flashing the ROM again. So, if this fixes the problem, will I have to sync my google acct again to get my contacts back, and will I have lost all my apps in the wipe? And last, but not least, since I will not have to re-partition my sd card, will my apps2sd still work? I run darktremor apps2sd.

10. Kelmar

It's like wiping a folder... the folder is still there but contents aren't. But since it's the partition, you are wiping the extension but not the partition itself.

11. basscommander

So my apps2sd will still work then?

12. Kelmar

When you install them again, yes.

*Assuming you are using a ROM set up for A2SD

13. basscommander

OMG! It worked! Thank you! LOL, I seriously do NOT KNOW how the hell flashing that friendstream.zip screwed up my phone. So I will go ahead and re-flash that darktremor apps2sd, so that I can get my apps2sd back. Since I did the wipe, I will not have my stuffed saved in titanium back up to restore it all will it?

14. Kelmar

Told you that we'd get it working :p

I've never been able to get Titanium backup to work right for me, so I have no idea. If you check your SD card the information may/should still be there. You didn't actually wipe your entire SD card.

You good to go or do you want me to stick around a little bit longer?

15. basscommander

I'm checking out my phone right now. If you could give me just a few more minutes I'll be able to post any ?'s I come across :) I really appreciate the help!!!

16. Kelmar

No problem, I'll stick around a bit!

17. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

That may be the one thing I CAN HELP YOU with!!! I have become rather proficient at it. LMK if you need it....

18. basscommander

If I load a nandroid backup onto the sd card, since my phone is basically back to square one now, will all the apps and stuff I had be put back onto my phone?

19. Kelmar

If you load a nandroid everything will be on your phone the EXACT SAME way you had it when you made your nandroid.

Just be sure to wipe those same 3 options prior to restoring your nandroid.

20. Kelmar

Make sure to take 330D up on his offer if you need help with Titanium Backup!

These are the very things that makes me think that the Sprint Hero community is the best one out there! Everyone who was impatient left for the Evo and now we have people who appreciate their phones AND are willing to help out. :)

21. basscommander

Thank you so much for the help guys! I agree, that the Sprint Hero community is the best out there. Especially on this site, I tried getting info on some other forums, and really didn't get ANY help, so I was going at this problem myself. I'm going to wipe those 3 again, then do my nandroid, at least that way I'll only have a few apps to re-download, lol.

Does this forum have tapatalk activated? Because I think I'm going to post here more often, since people actually give a shit about helping others. lol.

22. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

No doubt!!!! And now, we can get teh otterbox DEFENDER for the hero. It will last FOREVER!!!!!! And really, this comm is truly awesome, and helpful. I really enjoy my time on here trying to fix my/ help others with their problems.

23. Kelmar

Yeap, you can use tapatalk with this site! We welcome you to stick around.

24. basscommander

awesome, i'll have to go purchase tapatalk pro, unless there is free app in the market for android forums?

I'm also in process of watching it "restore" in recovery. I'm hoping this works, because when I tried it earlier today it stuck on a boot loop.

25. Kelmar

Not that I've found.

If you don't wipe all 3 it'll boot loop... I found that out the hard way the first time I tried to restore my nandroid.