• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please help me!!! I'm stuck!!!

Ok, so friendstream was having problems, so I deleted it via adb earlier today. I have a sprint hero of course. I wasn't able to push friendstream.apk back onto my phone via adb for whatever reason. So i went online and found a friendstream.zip and dropped it onto my sd card. I went to recovery and flashed the zip. It then rebooted and got stuck in a boot loop. I run aloysius 2.1 ROM, and it is stuck on the colorful "X" boot screen. I did a nandroid restore, and it still was stuck on a boot loop, still! So I removed the sd card, put it on my laptop, and deleted the friendstream.zip and put the sd card back into my phone. I turned the phone back on, and it is still stuck on the boot loop. It stays on the boot screen, the it will stop, and start all over again. Can anyone please help me! I really hope I didn't just brick my damn phone! My wife will kill me!!!:(:(:(:(

You might have to wipe and reflash the ROM. Sounds like something messed up with the friendstream.apk you tried to push.

To get friendstream back, just go into your aloysius zip file on your computer and pull the friendstream from there, then push it back to whatever folder it's supposed to be in. They seem to all have to be custom done for each particular ROM.

Reactions: basscommander
Upvote 0
Ok, so I put all the files that I saved in a folder on my desktop back onto my sd card, i did a wipe of my phone, then flashed re-flashed my rom, and when i selected "reboot" it went to the htc screen, then went to the boot screen, and is continuing to be stuck in a boot loop. What am I doing wrong?!? After wiping the phone, shouldn't it work with re-flashing the rom??? I run apps2sd, so if I wipe the sd card, i'll lose all the data on there, and have to re-partition it. I just do not understand how a wipe of the phone, and flashing the rom again would not fix this problem!!!

Anyone know what the hell is going on with this boot loop problem? Or any way that I can fix it?!?

Upvote 0
So I will be wiping the "data/factory reset", wipe "dalvik-cache", and wipe SD:ext partition", correct? Will I lose everything on my sd card, or just lose the partition, and have to re-partition it after i re-flash the rom...?

I've been trying to fix this problem ALL day long, and am freaking out because I just can't seem to get it to boot up properly.

Upvote 0
So I will be wiping the "data/factory reset", wipe "dalvik-cache", and wipe SD:ext partition", correct? Will I lose everything on my sd card, or just lose the partition, and have to re-partition it after i re-flash the rom...?

I've been trying to fix this problem ALL day long, and am freaking out because I just can't seem to get it to boot up properly.

Correct, wipe those three.

It will not erase the normal stuff on your SD card, rather it wipes the partition. You will not need to repartition it.

Don't worry, we'll get it working for you :)

Reactions: basscommander
Upvote 0
Correct, wipe those three.

It will not erase the normal stuff on your SD card, rather it wipes the partition. You will not need to repartition it.

Don't worry, we'll get it working for you :)

Wiping the partition will keep the partition? Ok...lol, I'll take your word. I'll post here as soon as I'm done wiping everything...:(

:edit:

Ok, I wiped the first 3, like you said. I'm not flashing the ROM again. So, if this fixes the problem, will I have to sync my google acct again to get my contacts back, and will I have lost all my apps in the wipe? And last, but not least, since I will not have to re-partition my sd card, will my apps2sd still work? I run darktremor apps2sd.

Upvote 0
When you install them again, yes.

*Assuming you are using a ROM set up for A2SD

OMG! It worked! Thank you! LOL, I seriously do NOT KNOW how the hell flashing that friendstream.zip screwed up my phone. So I will go ahead and re-flash that darktremor apps2sd, so that I can get my apps2sd back. Since I did the wipe, I will not have my stuffed saved in titanium back up to restore it all will it?

Upvote 0
Told you that we'd get it working :p

I've never been able to get Titanium backup to work right for me, so I have no idea. If you check your SD card the information may/should still be there. You didn't actually wipe your entire SD card.

You good to go or do you want me to stick around a little bit longer?

Upvote 0
Told you that we'd get it working :p

I've never been able to get Titanium backup to work right for me, so I have no idea. If you check your SD card the information may/should still be there. You didn't actually wipe your entire SD card.

You good to go or do you want me to stick around a little bit longer?

I'm checking out my phone right now. If you could give me just a few more minutes I'll be able to post any ?'s I come across :) I really appreciate the help!!!

Upvote 0
That may be the one thing I CAN HELP YOU with!!! I have become rather proficient at it. LMK if you need it....

Make sure to take 330D up on his offer if you need help with Titanium Backup!

These are the very things that makes me think that the Sprint Hero community is the best one out there! Everyone who was impatient left for the Evo and now we have people who appreciate their phones AND are willing to help out. :)

Upvote 0
Thank you so much for the help guys! I agree, that the Sprint Hero community is the best out there. Especially on this site, I tried getting info on some other forums, and really didn't get ANY help, so I was going at this problem myself. I'm going to wipe those 3 again, then do my nandroid, at least that way I'll only have a few apps to re-download, lol.

Does this forum have tapatalk activated? Because I think I'm going to post here more often, since people actually give a shit about helping others. lol.

Upvote 0
Make sure to take 330D up on his offer if you need help with Titanium Backup!

These are the very things that makes me think that the Sprint Hero community is the best one out there! Everyone who was impatient left for the Evo and now we have people who appreciate their phones AND are willing to help out. :)

No doubt!!!! And now, we can get teh otterbox DEFENDER for the hero. It will last FOREVER!!!!!! And really, this comm is truly awesome, and helpful. I really enjoy my time on here trying to fix my/ help others with their problems.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones