• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please help me phone stock :(

gthirty7s

Lurker
Jan 2, 2010
hey guys i got a xperia x10a phone the phone wont do anything when it turns on it just stock on the main screen i can press on the emergency call botton and place a 911 call but thats about it..
i tried to restore it with sony ericsson pc suit but it wont conncet it says found your phone then it says phone not detected.
any help would be really appreciated.
IMAG0182.jpg

Forgive me if this is a silly sounding question, but that sounds like you dont' have a SIM card installed. Did you get one with the phone? Sometimes they don't install them at the store...or definitely if you got the phone from your provider and it was shipped to you the SIM wouldn't be installed.

Upvote 0
Forgive me if this is a silly sounding question, but that sounds like you dont' have a SIM card installed. Did you get one with the phone? Sometimes they don't install them at the store...or definitely if you got the phone from your provider and it was shipped to you the SIM wouldn't be installed.
i put 5 diffrent sim cards inside all of them say faulty sim card when i put it the phone.. what could it be?? i know i should be able to use the phone without any sim card.

Upvote 0
What phone did you have before the X10? Some older SIM cards might not be compatible with it, but you should have gotten a new SIM from your provider. I had a Motorola KrzrRed before and the SIM works in my X10 so I didn't need to use the new one.

As for connecting to pc companion, I am pretty sure you can only do that when you have the SIM working.

I would go into your nearest provider's store and get a new SIM.

Upvote 0
Try restarting the phone, if that doesn't work is your phone locked onto one network and your putting a different network sim card in?
nope im using a at&t sim card..
i tried doing the hard reset it didnt work...
when u hold left and right botton and power botton that didnt work...
any thing else i should try or tell me how to do please...

Upvote 0
nope im using a at&t sim card..
i tried doing the hard reset it didnt work...
when u hold left and right botton and power botton that didnt work...
any thing else i should try or tell me how to do please...

Try turn your phone off, remove you battery and give you sim card a blow and where you insert the sim card and try again? other than that your phone might be faulty?

Upvote 0
Yes, isn't there a way to restore the phone to factory settings?

Yeah, run SEUS and it will tell you your'e already at the current update, but will give an install button as well. Click install and follow the instructions. It's quite easy. When it's done and you power on your phone there will be onscreen instructions to complete the activation and setup...easy peasy.

Upvote 0
From what you have posted and others have contributed, it sounds like you have a SIM Card, Activation, or DOA issue.

Suggestions:
First, if you purchased it from a local AT&T store, bring it in and have them fix your phone or replace it, best way to go.

Second, if you ordered it online (Wirefly.com for example), call their tech line and have them walk you through the fix and if they cannot fix it, they will send you out a new phone, especially if your within the first 30 days of purchase, which it sounds like you are.

After you can advise us on those, we can further assist you, but here are some thought generators for you:

SIM CARD:
1. When you picked up the phone locally, did they install your SIM card, or did they give you a SIM card for you to install when you got it home?

2. When you ordered the phone from the internet, did you purchase it from an individual on eBay or from a certified AT&T seller, such as Wirefly.com (If you purchased it from eBay, state so now so we know what advice to render as this is fish of a different color)? When you received the phone from the shipper, was the SIM card already installed, or did they ship you a SIM card for you to install at home (Normally, when a certified AT&T seller sends you a phone, they install the SIM card for you, because they must activate the phone for you prior to shipping. The only way they can do that is to have the SIM card installed. This also enables them to verify your phone works when it leaves their door, but also ensures the phone is ready to go when you open the box and start the phone).

PHONE:
When you first purchased it and the first time you ever tried to start the phone, did it start? Has it ever started? Depending on your SIM card answers and these, you may have a DOA phone.

Good luck and let us know how it goes..

Upvote 0
From what you have posted and others have contributed, it sounds like you have a SIM Card, Activation, or DOA issue.

Suggestions:
First, if you purchased it from a local AT&T store, bring it in and have them fix your phone or replace it, best way to go.

Second, if you ordered it online (Wirefly.com for example), call their tech line and have them walk you through the fix and if they cannot fix it, they will send you out a new phone, especially if your within the first 30 days of purchase, which it sounds like you are.

After you can advise us on those, we can further assist you, but here are some thought generators for you:

SIM CARD:
1. When you picked up the phone locally, did they install your SIM card, or did they give you a SIM card for you to install when you got it home?

2. When you ordered the phone from the internet, did you purchase it from an individual on eBay or from a certified AT&T seller, such as Wirefly.com (If you purchased it from eBay, state so now so we know what advice to render as this is fish of a different color)? When you received the phone from the shipper, was the SIM card already installed, or did they ship you a SIM card for you to install at home (Normally, when a certified AT&T seller sends you a phone, they install the SIM card for you, because they must activate the phone for you prior to shipping. The only way they can do that is to have the SIM card installed. This also enables them to verify your phone works when it leaves their door, but also ensures the phone is ready to go when you open the box and start the phone).

PHONE:
When you first purchased it and the first time you ever tried to start the phone, did it start? Has it ever started? Depending on your SIM card answers and these, you may have a DOA phone.

Good luck and let us know how it goes..
Another question was if their was a setup as if you purchased it new you would have to go threw it.

And something weird look at the pic the phone has usb debugging on and its in silent mode and other things which is weird for a new phone.

So im assuming he got this off ebay or an ebay like site?Cause when i activated mine in AT&T it didnt have any of that on.Hope its not a bad phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones