Please help me un-root

1. stezers

stezers New Member

Hi everyone, I need some help please.

I recently purchased a second hand phone (HTC ONE) which had been rooted, the guy who sold it me said it had a problem charging.

I have tried charging it but it just wont charge at all. I have read that it could be down to the root.

I want to un-root the phone and put it back to factory spec.

I would really appreciate it if anyone who is knowledgeable on how to do this - could guide me though the steps please, preferably by pm, as I would find that easier.

Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. clsA

clsA Guides Guide

Sorry but if your phone will not charge it has nothing to do with it being rooted. You have another problem it could be the charger, the cord or the USB connection in the phone. Being you got the phone used it probably has no warranty except through HTC... Run the battery all the way down and send the phone to HTC... They care less if it's rooted or not.
    scotty85 likes this.
  3. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

If you want to try unrooting,you will need to relock the bootloader and run an ruu. Is your phone carrier branded?

It won't hurt to.try it,but unfortunately the prollem is likely hardware related. :(
  4. stezers

stezers New Member

hi, it is not carrier branded. how would I do what you have said to try?
  5. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

first well need to get some info about your phone. if you can do the following(deleting your imie and esn) and paste the results,it will tell us what ruu you need to run:

6. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

What this man said, doubt it's anything to do with rooting.

HTC won't care if it's rooted, I've sent off two phones that has custom ROM's on them and they fixed the issues.

Also, if you return to Stock then don't update through the OTA as this can screw things up for you if you want to re-root at a later date.