Please help me understand the Evo's price.

Last Updated:

1. Sprockethead

Sprockethead Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So the phone is $450 without a new contract. With a new contract or eligible upgrade, they give you a $100 mail-in rebate. (For example, my premier 1-year upgrade.) That makes the phone $350.

So why are they advertising it as $199 after $100 mail-in rebate? That just don't make sense to me.

Thanks for any clarification.

Advertisement
  2. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

450-150 (every new and upgrade customer gets this discount) - the $100 MIR (they are banking on you not mailing this in that is why they don't include it in the 150 discount

3. Sprockethead

Sprockethead Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So, for example, and just to make sure: I am a premier customer and my upgrade is in August. If I were to buy from a Sprint store, I would pay $300 in cash, and then get a $100 rebate later, correct?

If I were to buy the phone before August, I'll pay $450. Do I have that right?

4. mcapozzi

mcapozzi Well-Known Member

Yeah, they give new customers and 2 year up-graders the full discount.

I'm sooooooooooo getting this phone in August (when my 1 year is up).

-Mike

5. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

yes you understand it correctly sprockethead... for the record, BestBuy and RadioShack BOTH include the 100 MIR in the full discount price so you ONLY pay 199, no waiting for the MIR check

6. ImmaSlave4U

ImmaSlave4U Well-Known Member

If you buy the phone at a Sprint store in August, you pay $300 upfront (or you can charge it to your account if you don't have a spending limit) and you would then receive the $100 rebate in a month or two.

And actually, if you buy the phone before August, you'd be eligible for a $75 dollar discount off of the full price. So you'd pay $375