• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Please help me unlock / restore to factory

I'd like to try at least flashing a stock Rom to see. I've extracted all the files from the Rom.zip in the RUU. My question now is how can I flash it... I would prefer to do it from the 4EXT recovery as normal, but I have a system.img rather than a zip that 4EXT expects, and I'm reluctant to give it the full Rom.zip in case it overwrites everything. Would it be ok to flash the system.img using ADB? I'd have to use ADB to flash the boot.img anyway.

Upvote 0
Update: The unlock code IS dependent on the ROM.

I took a chance and just used Fastboot to flash the boot.img and system.img that I extracted from the Orange RUU I downloaded, and the phone booted fine. I then tried a different SIM in it and it asked for the unlock code, and lo and behold, it worked this time. So, contrary to a lot of things I've read, the unlock code is affected by the ROM version.

I have yet to try restoring my original Fallout ROM on it to see if it remains unlocked, but I'd be surprised if it didn't.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones