1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Please help me. :(Support

1. Zirah21

Zirah21 New Member

Hello guys! I'm so desperate. I'm having a problem with my Xperia mini, ST15i. Could you guys teach me how to enable my data connection? I already ticked on that option on my mobile network settings, I have my APN already but then again I can't connect to the internet without using a WIFI connection. I want to use 3G and not WIFI. Please help :(

Advertisement
  2. Jake-SonyXperia

Jake-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

Can you advise if you get a 3G symbol above the signal bars or a G when trying to access the internet?

If you never get these symbols this would mean you have incorrect APN settings.

If this is the case, I suggest that you contact the network provider to get the correct settings.
    Zirah21 likes this.
  3. Zirah21

Zirah21 New Member

I don't see a 3G symbol, G or even the datq trqnsfer icon on my status bar. Does it not have to do with that Data Transfer app? :(
  4. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

The icon Jake was referring to indicates if you have a data connection available through your network. As this is not showing it would mean either you data turned off (which you have advised you have checked so I assume this is not it) or that the APN settings you have are incorrect. With this being the case I would advise contacting your network provider and have them send you through the relevant internet/mms settings.
    Zirah21 likes this.