1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Please help. Need Contactsprovider.apk for galaxy yGeneral

1. Nit524

Nit524 Member

Please help me. My two week old galaxy y can't show contacts or call logs. It says logsprovider has crashed on startup. The trouble began while using a launcher (hi) with TASK KILLER. Even after doing a factory reset the crash message appears before i can do anything. Only way the constant crash message can be made to go away is by uninstalling logsprovider :( ! Anyways i made a backup copy before removing it so it is manageable. But on looking deeper i noticed that CONTACTSPROVIDER.APK was also missing from system/app folder! I have no idea how this happened and have no backup for it. Please can you help me & give a copy of contactsprovider.apk & logsprovider.apk? Please help me, as to how i can solve this problem. Any help would be appreciated. PLEASE.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Nit524

Nit524 Member

Any one who has rooted his galaxy y could have helped but after waiting for a week no one has offered any help. I'm taking my phone to service center tomorrow. No one willing to spare 2 minutes to help me ??
  3. ranjitkr

ranjitkr Member

Here's the procedure on how to restore back or hard reset the Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 to it's original factory default settings. This process is useful if you experience some lag, frozen, hang or unresponsive issues. This is not advisable on some part, for it will wipe and delete all data stored from your Samsung Galaxy Y, so just ensure to make a back-up copy of all of the important files you had on your device.

The most often method when the device hangs or just it frozen, is to remove the battery out after a couple of seconds and then putting it back again. To reset your device just dial this code *2767*3855#, this will reset your phone automatically once rebooted.

But sometimes the code may not always useful specially when your Samsung Galaxy Y is frozen and become unresponsive or in other sever hang problem like it just hangs on welcome screen logo. To fix it, just then again remove the battery out, then put it back again. Don't power it ON yet, just press and hold the Volume Up, Center button and Power button at the same time. A menu will then appear that let choose with an option. Just use the volume button to toggle and select the wipe data/factory reset, that will then reset your Galaxy Y to it's factory default settings.

after reset get connect with kies and update your phone and you will be done and if you want you can root your phone for more benefits!!
    Nit524 likes this.
  4. Nit524

Nit524 Member

Thanks. I was unable to unroot & was struck. I will try it out. If you can upload a backup copy of contactsprovider.apk for gingerbread 2.3.6 too then it would be a big help. Thanks again for your useful advice! :)
  5. ranjitkr

ranjitkr Member

hi!
    why you need contactsprovider.apk ?Just do above steps it will automatically unroot your phone and your phone will be new again!what else you need ?
  6. Nit524

Nit524 Member

Factory reset doesn't prevent crash.
    For the moment i am using SIMcontacts application to access the contacts. It doesn't crash & is easy to use. Contacts can be transferred to sim using contacts2sim app.
    Any free app to access call logs to replace logsprovider ??
    Background data has to be disabled otherwise gapp & Googleservices framework also crash. Just stop gap measures as i have not been able to update using kies due various reasons .
    Is it advisable to flash stock or custom Rom using odin or whether updating using kies would be easier ??
    I unrooted & then again used update.zip to root as i wanted to try out custom Rom. Please suggest which is the best Rom available which you have tried yourself . Personally i can live without wi-fi support for now as currently i am not using it. Any suggestions ????? :)
  7. ranjitkr

ranjitkr Member

Nit524 likes this.
  8. Nit524

Nit524 Member

Thank you so much! :)