Please help newbie - SD CARD problemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. The_G_Man_UK

The_G_Man_UK Member This Topic's Starter

HI, new to Android, HTC desire on orange in the UK. Was loving the phone, had replaced the 4g sd card with a legit 16gb sandisk card a week ago. runing apps and music and movies fine. wake up this morning and sd card corrupted?! phone hasnt left my side, not been dropped or damaged in anyway to my knowledge. tried to view on pc and not working, have re-formated and obviously lost all data. Is this a common problem? do i need to take the phone back to orange and complain? all help and advice welcome.

Advertisement
  2. hashmat

hashmat Well-Known Member

This could be a faulty card IMO,Is the card that came with the phone visible?

3. The_G_Man_UK

The_G_Man_UK Member This Topic's Starter

just tried the 4gb that came with the phone and that worked. so I copied all files to the 16gb and then relpaced music onto the 16gb card and have put that back in the phone...seems to have recognized it so far...fingers crossed. if this hasnt worked orange will be getting a complaint on monday!!

4. suicida

suicida Active Member

I have a similar problem, I got my Desire yesterday, and put the 8GB SD card from my G1 in it (this card has been fine for 18 months)

I copied a load of music etc to the card and all was ok yesterday. This morning I got the "SD Card Corrupted" error and reformatted it as suggested. The phone says the card is working fine, however I can't copy files to it from my PC. I can create folders but when I try to copy files I get an error...

5. craig352

craig352 New Member

I had the exact same issue as the person above. Not had a problem with an 8gb card for 18 months. Put it in the desire. Turned the phone off in the evening. In the morning I got the corrupted message.

A quick google of this issue shows that it can't be a card issue (it is happening way too much) and must be an issue with the phone or software.