PLEASE HELP: No longer receiving E-mail notifications...

Last Updated:

1. mgoblue6202

mgoblue6202 New Member This Topic's Starter

So here's my problem:

I am running on the HTC EVO and as soon as I got my phone I set up my Gmail account through the automatic setup process. I used android market to get the Gmail widget (the one where the icon has the message coming out of the envelope and it looks like a red 'M'). That was working fine and I was getting my e-mails without any problems.

The other day, I was tinkering with settings and I set up the HTC Mail widget, which I (stupidly) linked to the same Gmail account. I started to receive double notifications for my e-mails. I quickly realized I preferred the Gmail widget I was using previously, so I removed my account from the HTC Mail widget.

So, my problem is that I no longer receive any notifications from the original Gmail widget when I get new e-mails. In fact, I no longer receive any notifications when I get e-mails. I have gone through all the settings I could find and all notifications are set to update automatically and alert me. The only thing I have not yet done is the account reset because this says I will have to reset my phone to factory settings and I don't want to lose everything I have on it at this point.

Please please help me figure out how to get my e-mail notifications back in order...you'd be my hero.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. SirSlayer

SirSlayer Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forums!

The notifications settings you checked. Was it in the GMail app settings? There are multiple places for notifications. Just wondering. So just in case while in the GMail app click menu/settings then look for the Email notifications. Also make sure you have a ringtone selected right under that setting.

3. SirSlayer

Oh and I forgot a burning question. Are you using a task killer? Reason I ask is its a known issue that task killers will sometimes mess up the notifications.

4. mgoblue6202

mgoblue6202 New Member This Topic's Starter

I followed those directions and am still not getting the notifications. Yes I am using "TasKiller" but I was using that for a long time earlier and still getting notifications. The problem started after I enabled the HTC mail.

5. SirSlayer

I understand ....well I would start by removing the task killer. Number one cause of notifications failing. Do some searching you will see.

6. wlinds1

wlinds1 Member

Make sure you turn off all notifications in the stock email and reset up the gmail notifications. They will start up again. Whenever you replace what the phone is stocked with, you have to turn off all previous notifications. Worked for me.

7. IMDANDROID

IMDANDROID Active Member

My GMail sync stopped working too the other day for no apparent reason, try this if it's still not working. This solved my problem instantly.