• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Please help noob. phone only can go into download mode now

webbb82

Lurker
Jul 24, 2012
so i was trying to root my phone. i was in the middle of flashing it when the usb cord fell out. when i went to turn my phone back on all i get is a screen that says . "firmware upgrade encountered an error. please try again" I can still get into download mode but thats it. if anyone can give me a hand with this it would REALLY help me out i dont know where els to turn to for help

so i was trying to root my phone. i was in the middle of flashing it when the usb cord fell out. when i went to turn my phone back on all i get is a screen that says . "firmware upgrade encountered an error. please try again" I can still get into download mode but thats it. if anyone can give me a hand with this it would REALLY help me out i dont know where els to turn to for help
Go back to your posting on rootzwiki... all you need to is flash CWM Recovery, copy a ROM and kernel to the SD card, boot into CWM and flash, you should be back up.

If you still need help after that, drop in the irc channel for the stratosphere developers on irc.andirc.net in #stratosphere late evenings and look for myself, bag, or withere2 and I am fairly certain we can get you back up and running!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones