• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root please help, phone is dead right now

smoke?check

Aug 11, 2010
Totally screwed my phone somehow, was running liberty but decided to try apex. loaded apex, worked fine but decided to nandroid back to the last liberty i had. now I keep gettin the liberty icon, not the spinning one just the one were it says liberty, stays there and wont go away. so decided to sbf, read roolers guide, dl'ed new .340 sbf, 4.6 moto drivers, rsd 4.9 and 4.8. install on windows 7 64bit laptop, read problems with 64bit but tried it, rsd wouldnt show device, ok, grab the other laptop windows xp, install everything again, with 32bit specs....still no go, everything comes up fine but will not find the X....so any help would be greatly appreciated.i can boot into stock recovery. tried wiping data and cache but nothing

Gunther...sbf mb810 2.3.340
Xlide.....luckily my wife has an X so charging is no problem, sorry it took so longto reply, after I typed that last night I remembered I had a samsung saga that I could use if I had to and decided to go to sleep and screw with it this morning....thanks guys, post back in a few if I get it going

Upvote 0
well got finally got it working, then rooted with z4, loaded bootstrap, wiped data and cache tried to load the same nandroid and im stuck again lol. atleast this time i have the stuff to sbf and know how to. when it comes back up im flashing liberty and the theme i want and saying screw that nandroid backup i was trying to get to

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones