• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please help: Phone stuck on metroPCS screen

kingjohnny

Lurker
Feb 27, 2011
I have a Huawei Ascend with metroPCS. I performed a root and ran Titanium Back in order to clear all the bloatware off my phone. I deleted something called desktop or desktop updater. At that point, the phone kept trying to force close over and over again. I took the battery out and restarted the phone, but now it just stays stuck on the white metroPCS screen. I can hear things beeping in the background and sometimes I can get the phone to the point where the contacts come up, but I cant make any phone calls or access any other screen.

I can still access to the SD card through my computer.

Any advice?

I attempted the flash directions that I found on this site. Which method do I use? The nandroid or the fastboot method?

Also, at what moment during startup do I press the volume down/end call buttons or volume up/send call buttons to enter into fastboot or recovery mode? I have tried several times both of these methods while the phone is starting up and I havnt had any luck.

Upvote 0
Please let us know if it worked or not. ^^. Have to be careful when removing bloatware. I only removed like 6 programs myself...

I use titbu to delete all sorts of things. I even broke down and bought the key so i can freeze random things to see what it does.
Learning a lot of stuff. Like that no smilies means you can't restore the program, so if you don't know what it us or might use it, don't delete it.
Planning on making a more comprehensive list if safe to delete crap.

Upvote 0
I will try again when I get home this evening if the phone is still there. My wife is going to take the phone to metroPCS today, so maybe they will just give us a new one. If not, Ill be back on here trying to fix it!

Def need to be more careful with what I delete. I have two of these phones and I was able to root and delete bloatware just fine from the first phone, but made a fatal mistake on the second one. Lesson learned. I will post an update when I get home. Thanks for all your help guys/gals.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones