Please Help: process com.android.settings crashes in manage applicationsSupport

Last Updated:

1. makisupa79

makisupa79 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When I go to settings>applications>manage applications i get the loading screen, then a message saying process com.android.settings has stopped unexpectedly and please try again. I am running stock sense (not rooted). Tried turning off the phone and removing the battery, but no luck as I keep getting the same message. Anyone experience this or know any fixes? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. ffooky

ffooky New Member

I had the same problem until 2 minutes ago. From googling the issue it appears to be caused by a rogue application and the only fix is to remove it. The rub is that there doesn't seem to be any way of finding out exactly which app it is. A lot of people seem to have had difficulties with Locale and related plugins but my issue was definitely caused by the Cricinfo app from Mobicast. Didn't work terribly well anyway and once I whacked it, no more problems with Manage Applications.

If you're unlucky and it it's not either of those your solution is to delete applications you've installed (in reverse chronological order) and, after deleting each one, go to Manage Applications and see if it's done the trick. There's no need to reboot after each deinstallation.