Please help, Questions before I buy

Last Updated:

1. Roddy

Roddy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Please don't stone me for asking these questions but I need to know..

1) How does this phone work with yahoo mail (push)? Yahoo Calender, and yahoo contacts? I know, I know, everyone tells me to use gmail, but i've been using yahoo mail practically forever and all of my contacts(hundreds) have this address and are in my contacts. it would save me a great deal of pain and time if the Hero was able to handle this.

2) I'm pretty much a "power user" and is there an app for documents (word, excel, pdf's)?

3)Is there a Bible app??

Thanks in advance!!!!!

Advertisement
  2. ButchersBoy

ButchersBoy Member

2) yes, a viewer comes with the phone, but there is also the more powerful Documents to Go suite available from the market for creating and editing office apps.

3. Roddy

thanks ButcherBoy,

No info on the yahoo sync?

4. cwrig

cwrig Well-Known Member

There are two mail clients installed on Hero: GMAIL and MAIL. MAIL is setup to either sync with Exchange or any POP3 or IMAP mail service. Im sure Yahoo supports IMAP or POP3. I dont know how well it woks; as I personally switched to GMAIL when i got the Hero. GMAIL integration is just great. I highly recommend it. Though painful at first, you may find the elligance and integration well worth the temporary pain.

I only found one Bible app in MArket. It works well, has dozens of translations and offers basic navigation, and is free. It is very usable; but it is an online app. You need to have network access for it to work. I asked Laridian if they are working on version for Android and they indicated they do not have a plan for it yet. I used Laridian on a WM device and it is very nice; all files local. Im sure more Bible apps will come out in time.

5. Roddy

thanks cwrig, you are the best man!!

6. odub

odub Member

if memory serves, you can't do pop3 on yahoo mail unless you subscribe to their premium email service (for fee) or have ATT Yahoo DSL / ATT Uverse. I have it on my Blackberry, but then BIS is what scrapes the email and sends it to my device. i've tried configuring thunderbird/outlook express which is how i found out that it doesn't work with pop3, unless you pay.

7. rjjr2531

rjjr2531 Well-Known Member

the phone itself will be your new bible...it answers everything