Please help return phone to stock

Last Updated:

1. jlh4480

jlh4480 Member This Topic's Starter

Guys,

Several weeks ago I added Unrevoked3 to my phone for the sole purpose of being able to underclock and save some battery. I've waited for Unrevoked Forever and am still running on 2.1. However, since I do not understand root, kernels, roms, etc., and am a casual user, I think the best scenario for me would be to return to stock. That being said, can someone please provide a step by step guide on how to return to stock. Also, please let me know if this will cause me to lose my apps, etc. Again, I'm not a technical person, so if someone could post extremely detailed directions, it would be very much appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. One Beast

One Beast Well-Known Member

If your still on 2.1 the fastest and non technical way to get back to stock is to jus do over the air htc 2.2 update...that will get you back to stock and update ur software

The only thing you would loose in this process is root access everything else will remain

BUT...if you want the underclock...Jus click on the Netarchy link in my signature and that kernel will give you what you need

This is the version you would need
    http://qap.la/~netarchy/netarchy-toastmod-3.7.5-signed.zip

3. jlh4480

I can not perform the OTA update with Unrevoked in place. I end up with a white triange with a yellow exclamation point.

4. One Beast

One Beast Well-Known Member

Well if you dont want to stay on 2.1 and install the kernel for the underclock

Heres a link with detailed instructions on how to Unroot....good luck
    :rolleyes:....Read Everything in the link and you shouldnt have a issue
    How To UN ROOT. TUTORIAL. Your Problems are solved! - xda-developers

5. jlh4480

Does anyone have any other suggestions or links? I followed the last link, but could really use a more step by step method.

Thanks

6. woofermazing

woofermazing Well-Known Member

Index of /shipped/Supersonic

Download the same or a version higher than what is on your phone. Run it on your computer and follow the instructions carefully.

7. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

I ran in to problems with this last night, make sure your bootloader version is 76 i believe, mine was 79, so basically, i had to root using simple root, then run the ruu to get it back to stock. If when you are running the ruu you get a connection error, just run the program again and should work.

8. BenHoltz

BenHoltz Well-Known Member

jlh4480,
    This should help you, If you want to go to stock rooted, follow all the instructions. If you want to go to stock, non rooted do just steps 3 and 4.

http://androidforums.com/all-things...voked-forever-stock-2-1-stock-2-2-rooted.html

Regards,
    BenHoltz