• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please Help; screen turns off on call!

AnimeGirl

Lurker
May 3, 2012
Hey all,
I need a help with a problem I have.
I bought new Galxay S 2 a few days ago, and it worked fine. Now, the screen shuts off when I get or make call.

Nothing happened to the phone, didn't fell and I didn't even dowloaded apps yet :(

What can I do to fix it?

Have you checked in the screen settings, for timeout. ?

Hey all,
I need a help with a problem I have.
I bought new Galxay S 2 a few days ago, and it worked fine. Now, the screen shuts off when I get or make call.

Nothing happened to the phone, didn't fell and I didn't even dowloaded apps yet :(

What can I do to fix it?

Upvote 0
Do you mean the screen shuts off while you are dialing or afterward, when the call is in progress? Because the latter is normal once you move the phone to your ear. The proximity sensor is likely shutting the screen off temporarily. Should turn back on if you hold it away from your body slightly while in a call. Does this describe your situation or no?

Reactions: danaj
Upvote 0
with android when you make the call and it senses anything near the screen, it does shut the screen off to prevent uneccesary button pressing. sometimes it will lock in that state and if you hit your unlock button it will come back on just fine.

your phone is fine, its designed to do that. if yours turns off and you cant get it to come back on, and if you hit unlock and it drops the call, thats when you have an issue and you need to return the phone.

hope this helps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones