• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

please help... Simple calendar widget - Active vs. not active calendars

Melfank

Lurker
Jun 14, 2011
I just started using the Simple Calendar Widget. I really love it, except for one thing. There are some calendars that won't show up on the screen.

In the settings there are active and not-active calendars and I can't figure out how to make the "not-active" calendars active. Does anyone know how to do that?

I just created an account specifically to post a reply to this, in case someone else comes upon the same issue. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket on AT&T, if it matters.

The active/inactive calendars are defined by (I think) the calendar app on the phone, which is what the Simple Calendar Widget (and other widgets) draw from. Active means that it is being used, synced, etc. Inactive means that no matter however much you try to sync it, it's never going to be flagged as something to be updated and you will be banging your head against the wall.

Samsung, naturally, doesn't have anything in its flavor of Android to promote/demote calendars to active or inactive (at least that I've found; if it does it's HORRIBLY unintuitive).

But there are other calendar apps out there that might help you with that. I used Business Calendar Free, which upon startup gives you the option to promote/demote the calendars you want. You don't have to continue using the alternative calendar app after that, though I'm doing so because it offers quite a bit more functionality than the native calendar app.

I feel like I've successfully promoted/demoted calendars before without having to go through this shenanigans but I did recently receive an update which changed a few things. In any case, this might solve some headaches for you!

Upvote 0
hello, I had the same issue, now SOLVED!
well ... try delete app data:
[WARNING - before proceed, backup your present data! by me nothing went wrong, but nobody can be sure ...]
go to Settings (of the phone) > Applications > Manage applications > in the category "All" search for Calender and activate the button "Clear data" (I did the same even for the 3rd party app "aCalendar" and "Simple Calendar Widget" [because I did not know before, which app will help me...]) then I restarted the phone and synced again ... and voila ... all is synced ... and no calendar is shown as "inactive" :) thanks to user "Sentinel" from the czech android forum androidforum on cz

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones