Please help: split up incoming text messagesSupport

Last Updated:

1. riversnleaves

riversnleaves New Member This Topic's Starter

hello everyone!

i'm brand new to this forum (and to android in general)! i just got an HTC Desire through Telus and i absolutely adore it...however...i have a very annoying problem!

whenever i receive a long text message from a friend (over 130ish characters), the message is broken apart into separate text messages and the messages are not in the order in which they were sent. since i get A LOT of long messages from friends, this is a huge pain in the butt!

i don't mind the long message being broken down into smaller messages, my problem is that the small messages arrive in RANDOM order.

to demonstrate, this is an actual example of what appeared in my phone after one of my friends sent me a loooooong message:

"Friend's Name: 07/07: message message message, etc etc etc...
    Friend's Name: (1/2) 01/07: message message message, etc etc etc...
    Friend's Name: (1/2) 06/07: message message message, etc etc etc...
    Friend's Name: (1/2) 03/07: message message message, etc etc etc...
    Friend's Named: (1/2) 04/07: message message message, etc etc etc...
    Friend's Name: (1/2) 02/07: message message message, etc etc etc...
    Friend's Name: (1/2) 05/07: message message message, etc etc etc...
    Friend's Name: (2/2): message message message, etc etc etc...
    Friend's Name: (2/2): message message message, etc etc etc..."

as you can see, it indicates each half of each message and indicates the order it SHOULD be in...BUT...clearly, it's not in order. and to make things worse, the second parts of each message are NOT in any order and there's NO indication of the order it should be in. so to read a long message, i have to scroll around until i find the very first message, and then try to guess and match the last word/sentence to the first word/sentence of the next part of the message...then scroll around for the next part, and so on!

i'm very frustrated! if anyone has this problem or knows of a fix, please help me out!

and lastly, for the record, i'm using the default text messaging app that comes with the phone. i've tried downloading handcent and other texting apps and it does the same thing. i've tried fiddling around with the time. i can't find any options that allow the message to be delivered in one piece or to be delivered in the proper order. i have no idea what's going on :confused:

Advertisement
  2. Jay_Droid

Jay_Droid Member

Same issue here on Telus. bumping thread! need some help in this.

3. ecitron

ecitron Member

Did you guys tried Handcent sms? I think that it has this option (receive like mms) in the app's settings.

Not sure about. you can give it a try.

4. TelusMilestone

TelusMilestone Well-Known Member

Handcent works the best for me! I have everything upped to the max and I never have split messages!

5. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

It may well be how the carrier handles the sms.

6. Powerstroke200

Powerstroke200 New Member

I'm wondering if anyone has found the answer to this, as I too have this annoying 'tiny' text syndrome issue as explained above. Instead of the normal text (as I use to get) it is broken into several tiny texts, and not in order. VERY frustrating.

7. Blueyedtrouble

Blueyedtrouble New Member

WhatsApp
    I'm in love with this app. The only downfall to it is whomever you want to text from it, has to be using it as well. But I've had no problem 'converting' even my iPhone friends over to it. It has the emojis like iPhone does, no character limit, and if you have multiple friends on at one time you can start a group chat/text with them. Great app!