please help! (Sprint phone on Cricket, no data on 3G)

1. stevelyttle

stevelyttle New Member

hi everyone! i got this friend at work that has this sprint motorola. he bought off someone. well they turned it into a cricket phone. and it wont download off of google play or stream youtube in less he is on wifi. i installed adobe and it still didnt play youtube. i am a newbie on this stuff so i would really be kind at any advise. thank you for looking at my thread.have a grate day.:confused:

Advertisement
  2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Hello stevelyttle!
    Do you know what model of Motorola he has? Did he, or someone else flash that device to Cricket? I am not familiar with flashed devices, but I think, but not sure, if there is a doner phone involved with the flash to Cricket.
  3. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

EarlyMon likes this.
  4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

What happened here is an off-shoot of modifying the phone id so it would work on Cricket.

Most shady ways of doing that will simply cut out cellular data services - leaving wifi only.

Sorry, there's no legal solution for this one at this point, so far as I know, unless he gets lucky and DC's solution above works.

Welcome to the forums! :)
  5. stevelyttle

stevelyttle New Member

It is a Motorola phantom. If that help any.

Sent from my SH8188U using Tapatalk 2
  6. stevelyttle

stevelyttle New Member

I am going to try the apn, I hope it works to, thank you all...

EarlyMon likes this.
  7. stevelyttle

stevelyttle New Member

Can't open the settings to the apn ther locked or something

8. d2007k

d2007k Active Member

rooted ? I would try to google and see how you can get it to communicate with qpst or DFS ..

some phones are just a PAIN and will require some hours of finding the right solution .. is there a generic version of the phone not tied to a carrier ? those roms tend not to make it hard locked on certain settings .. took me a good three days straight of flashing different roms and partial flashes on top of others to unlock a galaxy from Us Cellular .. I miss the good ol days of flip phones :) qpst was so much simpler then