Please Help! Stuck in Clockwork Mod.

1. gbabbitt398

gbabbitt398 New Member

My droid i rooted with clockworkmod and in an attempt to unroot my droid I ended up doing a factory reset, and formating my -boot -cash -sd card -ect... This was BAD because now my phone will stay at the "M" logo and when I go into Clockwork mod it dosnt let me do anything, I can choose factory reset but nothing happens..

Not sure what to do. However I believe if I had a .zip file I would be able to install it from my sd card in clock work recovery.. However my sd card is blank so I will have to put it on my sd card as a stand alone.

Can anyone give me a .zip file of maybe someones rom back up, or anything that can help..

Or if there is somthing els i can do will someone please help me?

Advertisement
  2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Give one of these a shot. Just push it to your SDCard (ensure it is called update.zip). Boot into recovery, even if it is stock and not CWM, you should be fine. Install update.zip and go from there. I Hope you have the rest of the weekend to resetup your Droid!
    Peter Alfonso
  3. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

You don't have a backup? None copied to your PC? :confused:

Yeah, once you formatted boot and system, the phone has no clue what to do, so it does nothing. You will want to download a ROM to the PC, move it to the SD card and install in ClockworkMod. I would recommend UD2.5 as it is a GREAT ROM and will at least you back on the road to recovery.

EDIT: OR ^Bugless Beast. They're both better than where you are now :)
  4. gbabbitt398

gbabbitt398 New Member

That would work, however when i download the file it dosnt stay a .zip file so clockwork mod wont even detect it..
  5. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

I don't understand... what's extracting it? The ROM .zip should go in the root of the SD card and CWMod should read it as a .zip... if something is extracting it tell it to STOP!
  6. gbabbitt398

gbabbitt398 New Member

It stays a ziped file but the name of the file dosnt have .zip at the end of it, so it wont read it.. When I put it on the sd card and in to the phone, and I boot into cwm and click the option to install from sd card it gives me a blank screen and when i push the power button (advance button) it send me back to the previous cwm opening screen..
  7. gbabbitt398

gbabbitt398 New Member

Its not going into me sd card as update.zip
  8. teddyearp

teddyearp A guide with guides Guide

Make sure you configure windows to show file extensions, that way you will know for sure what it is really named. It could be that it is named update.zip.zip. How are you putting it onto the sdcard? What OS are you running on your computer?