• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please help to Upgrade at&t SE xperia X10 with 1.6?

gana

Lurker
Feb 15, 2011
Hello everyone. i am really sorry for opening a new thread about this situation. Because i couldn't find any thread about it.

So I have a sony ericsson xperia X10 with 1.6 firmware from at&t and i unlocked it's working fine now.But i want to upgrade to a newer version and also want to root it and my question is if i upgrade my SE for anyway is it going to locked again or is there any problem for upgrading a those kind of phones? if it is not How to upgrade my at&t phone and how to root it?

Please answer my question ASAP because i am using very amazing phone with very old version also i can't install any non-market application.
Thank you

the simplest way i can think of is by using this thread:
xda-developers - View Single Post - [TOOL] [NEW 01/02/2011] Flashtool version 0.2.6

if you download the flashtool and then you can flash one of the versions of 2.1 to your phone.
its very easy to do so just read the instructions properly.

a quick guide to the intructions would be this:
1. download and install flashtool
2. download 2.1 firmware from the thread (this one is probably the one for you Generic version 2.1update1 build 2.1.A.0.435 )
3. place firmware file into the firmware folder of your flashtool
4. switch off your phone, pull the battery out, put it back in. (dont switch the phone back on)
5. run the flashtool on your computer, it will then tell you to connect your phone
6. plug the usb cable into your computer then while holding the back key of your phone plug the usb into it, your led should light up green, this is it in flash mode
7. follow instructions of the flashtool, it will do the rest.

but my instructions are quickly written so make sure you read the other thread properly, if you have any further questions i will be happy to help out.

Reactions: badriceb and gana
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones