Please help update to froyoSupport

Last Updated:

1. coryvarisco

coryvarisco New Member This Topic's Starter

Ive been trying to get froyo on my phone. I got the push from verizon but it wouldnt do anything for me. I tried to goto my setting and about phone and update phone but it tells me my phone is up to date. I also tried to download the update.zip and put it on my SD card and do the whole manual process and it starts to update but after a couple seconds it tells me the update was aborted and then i reboot the phone and its just 2.1 still. anyone have this same problem? i also tried a complete wipe and it still didnt work. any help would be greatly appreciated. Yes i made sure the update.zip was going to the SD card and NO i didn put it in a folder. I dont need to unzip the downloaded file or anything right? i just download it and then drag and drop it in the SD card right? thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. mihneagabriel

mihneagabriel Well-Known Member

We need to know a few things, rooted? What ROM are you running? Any radio updates? Etc.

3. coryvarisco

I never changed any ROM's nor any radio upgrades. the phone was once rooted with the Unrevoked 123 method or whatever the name of it was but i unrooted it a while back and like i said i did a full wipe today to try and get the upgrade to work and still no luck

4. coryvarisco

i get it to the point that i goto APPLY sdcard:update.zip and it starts the process says install from sdcard the finding update package then opening update package then verrifying update then it says "installing update.. assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prop" etc..... the at the end it says E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip (status 7)
    Installation Aborted