Please help with Galaxy SSupport

Last Updated:

1. Michael0609

Michael0609 New Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 16, 2010
    just got a galaxy s and want to put photos from my pc into it so they show up in gallery on the phone as albums, i tried dragging the folder to the dcim folder but the dont show up, Im used the iphone and itunes so i cant figure it out please help.

ps, I got the photos to show up but they are not in any folder, the just show up in gallery-> camera as loose photos?

Please help im desperate.

also if you know how to put music on there that would help me out a lot too. Thanks

2. LukeOlson

LukeOlson Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    The gallery only separates pictures based on which folder they're in; if you want some pictures to show up separately, you have to organize them into separate folders.

To put music onto your phone, you can basically drag the songs anywhere onto your phone, and the media scanner will pick them up so they show up in your music player.

Keep in mind that the media scanner runs when you restart the phone, or when you mount the phone to your computer then unmount. What I'm trying to say is that if you put some files onto your phone, then they won't show up until after you unplug your phone from the computer.