Please help with ICS bell mobilityTips

1. candiandylan

candiandylan Member

Hey everyone, I rooted my phone a few days ago following ''How to Unlock (and Root) the Bell Galaxy S2. Step by Step Guide'' by Blue1k

Everything went fine.
    I'm wondering would I be able to get ICS on my phone? (Bell mobility I9000MUGKG2)

If so would someone be able to link a ''how-to'' guide.

Thanks, :eek: :cool: ;)

Advertisement
    :
  2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Are you looking for the Official ICS update? I don't think it's available yet from Bell. They did list April as the projected date, but nobody has it yet that I am aware of.
  3. Nirvana1000

Nirvana1000 Well-Known Member

I just talked to a "Bell" mobility employee over the phone about the ICS update and it doesn't seem to be a priority for them as there still isn't any concrete news on the release which is very irritating to say the least.:mad:All she said was try using Kies and see if i get the update.:(
  4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

If this is a branded phone, then the update would come from Bell, but if you bought the phone free and clear of a contract, then they are correct, the update comes from Samsung.
  5. Nirvana1000

Is there a thread or post or site we can check with that will let us Bell Canada phone users know as soon as ICS is available for download? Because i just read that those of us who are rooted have to go back to original stock firmware before we can and are able to use KIES to download/update to ICS.
    Update.My phone is "branded" with Bell.
  6. GG1

GG1 Well-Known Member

Why not install an ICS firmware with Odin? Bell is definitely not on a rush to give us an update.
  7. Nirvana1000

Is this the official ICS firmware?Do you have the link?
  8. GG1

GG1 Well-Known Member

It's not official from Bell but why wait. You can always install Bell's official firmware when it comes out.
    Mine is the frankenstein version of LP8 from XDA and can use it with any modem and csc. I will obviously try Bell's version when available.
    Nirvana1000 likes this.
  9. candiandylan

candiandylan Member

Sorry for not specifying more, I am running 2.3.3. Kies offers no updates. I wasn't looking for the official ICS from bell. But wondering if it was possible with Odin? If so can someone provide the link on how-to for my specific phone?
  10. candiandylan

candiandylan Member

Where can I find this version?
  11. GG1

GG1 Well-Known Member

12. Nirvana1000

13. GG1

GG1 Well-Known Member

Im using LP8 which comes with LPS modem then installed Bell's csc and its working great.
  14. candiandylan

candiandylan Member

15. GG1

GG1 Well-Known Member

Out of the ones there XWLP8 is the latest so that's what I'd use. It's really up to you.
  16. candiandylan

candiandylan Member

Oh, Can i just use any of them? even with bell?
  17. iyyp101

iyyp101 New Member

I have the SGS2 unlocked, rooted. My current carrier is Rogers.

Knowing that it's possible to upgrade to an ICS using Odin (according to your comment), will my phone also be eligible for upgrade to an ICS?

Can someone confirm, so at least I can try?