• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help please help with music

lilhelper

Sep 26, 2012
Hi: I'm having trouble with getting multiple listings of the same song in my lists. is there any way of stoping this or a setting i can change?
I know there have been other posts about this problem but that was a long time ago and i hadent noticed any problem with mine.
Any help would be.... helpful
thanks

I experienced that yesterday. Everything doubled up. I just unmounted my micro sd card and inserted it. I tried clearing the music data with the application manager first but that didn't seem to work after a restart so i just pulled the card. When the phone restarted everything was back to normal. Not a long term fix but at least I didn't have to manually delete hundreds of duplicate songs.

Upvote 0
I experienced that yesterday. Everything doubled up. I just unmounted my micro sd card and inserted it. I tried clearing the music data with the application manager first but that didn't seem to work after a restart so i just pulled the card. When the phone restarted everything was back to normal. Not a long term fix but at least I didn't have to manually delete hundreds of duplicate songs.

I did have this problem - not sure if it was caused when I installed a 32GB MicroSD card, but the problem seemed to happen around the same time. I used the clear cache method described in the thread here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1722180

I didn't try the remove card method.

No problems since.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones