Please help with Sprint Voice mail

Last Updated:

1. archie70

archie70 Active Member This Topic's Starter

How do I select the standard default greeting for my sprint voice mail? the standard greeting Im referring to is the default we always hear with the female electronic voice"...u have reached the voice mail box of ###-###-####.....". A couple of nights ago I was prompted to enter (record) my own "greeting" and now I cant find the option to revert back to the default one. I tried all the options after calling my own voice mail but cant seem to find the default greeting option.

Also, I stopped receiving voice mail notification (the numerical number of voice mails I have next to the voicemail icon) after the software update. how do i get that to work again?

Advertisement
  2. habitual.line.stepper

habitual.line.stepper Well-Known Member

You can't "select" the default greeting, but you can "reactivate" it by deleting your recorded greetings. I know cuz I had the same thing happen to me a few days ago :p

archie70 likes this.
  3. RTan

RTan Well-Known Member

You need to create a Voicemail Widget instead of the short-cut icon. Only the widget will display the numeric number of the new voicemail message.

- Click on "+" from your Home screen (on the right of your Phone Dialer)
    - Tab on Widget
    - Select Voicemail
    - Done

archie70 likes this.
  4. ovdevil

ovdevil Member

Is there a way to download a message lets say from Zedge and use that for your greeting?

5. Barats

Barats Well-Known Member

Yeah last weekend, I had a voicemail and it said it could not download it and made me go through the voicemail process of recording my greeting. I preferred the standard greeting but I too saw no option for it. I did not even want to record a greeting but it kind of forced me to if I wanted to hear any voicemails again.

6. archie70

archie70 Active Member This Topic's Starter

This is exactly what happened to me. The above post by "Habitual" is the way to go if you want to revert back to the default greeting.

Yes, the way to get back the counter on the voice mail widget is to delete the icon and then add the widget back. Thanks RTan.