PLEASE HELP! Yahoo POP mail is super slow to download!

1. sdiddy

sdiddy Active Member

Hi guys I just got the sprint htc hero and setup the pop email with the native mail application. I am a Yahoo PLUS member, so I set it up as the yahoo mail site said to (plus.pop.mail.yahoo.mail etc). When I do a manual mail check, it takes FOREVER to download the emails! What is going on here? gmail is super fast to download, but the yahoo takes 5 minutes sometimes. i dont understand. I dont want to use the IMAP either....thanks!

Advertisement
  2. sdiddy

sdiddy Active Member

I am having the same issue. is this a conspiracy on gmails part to have everyone switch to yahoo mail???
  3. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

Might be faster to use IMAP instead of POP. I tried it just a few minutes ago with new instructions, and it worked for me. Choose IMAP as the protocol, not POP3, and then try to use these settings:

Incoming settings
    Email address: yourname@yahoo.com
    Username: yourname@yahoo.com
    Password: ******
    IMAP server: android.imap.mail.yahoo.com
    Security type: SSL
    Server port: 993

Click "Next" and it will bring you to the next page of settings:

Outgoing server settings
    [X] Login required
    Username: yourname@yahoo.com
    Password: ******
    SMTP server: android.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Security type: SSL
    Server port: 465

Hope this helps!
  4. DLM

DLM Well-Known Member

I set mine up through automatic settings ( i use yahoo plus too) and I basically put my username and password and let the device set it up and its been fine for months, no lag
  5. jim_h

jim_h Well-Known Member

Me too. Except it's only been weeks for me. But, no problems at all with speed or lag. I'm also a Yahoo Plus user fwiw.
  6. jim_h

jim_h Well-Known Member

Erm, did I miss something?

sdiddy posts a new thread about the problem on 14th Feb.

sdiddy replies to say they are having the same issue on 1st March.

Multiple personality disorder or something else? :eek: I'm confused now. :confused: :)