Please Help!!

Last Updated:

1. Sykosykes

Sykosykes Member This Topic's Starter

I have been looking all over for a way to force roaming on my Moto Droid. My phone is already rooted, and I am wondering if anyone has any information on how to do it or if it is even possible. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Force roaming? If u mean allow data while roaming.. go into settings, wireless &networks, mobile networks and make sure that data roaming is checked..
    Hope this helps.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. Sykosykes

No, I'm trying to make the phone stay on the roaming signal. You used to be able to do it with older phone models, but all of the companies seemed to have gotten rid of it

4. digdug1

digdug1 Well-Known Member

just curious why would you force roaming?

5. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Yeah, why would u want to do that?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

6. Sykosykes

Because where I live, I get full bars roaming and sometimes one bar with Verizon. It constantly tries to switch to Verizon's towers, which makes making a phone call impossible, sends out about half of my texts, and drains the crap out of my battery.

7. digdug1

digdug1 Well-Known Member

but wouldn't that be because your location has changed and where you are when roaming gets a better signal?

8. Sykosykes

No, it automatically tries to switch to Verizon towers, even if there is zero signal. Believe me, there is actually a decent size community of us, and roaming only USE to be available. I'm not sure why it is so foreign to Android Forum users.

9. droidpcguru

droidpcguru Well-Known Member

The setting for this has to be in the "Service" menu. Somewhere in the stickies either in this subforum or the main Droid forum is the info of how to get into this menu. Once in, you should see the settings you are familiar with.

I fully understand your dilemma.. as I was once on Sprint and a CSR screwed up and promised me free roaming:p. From that point on, I set my phone to lock to Verizon's towers when I went out of town since they have MUCH better coverage in my area.

Now for your DATA on roaming.. I forsee some issues there, one way or another..at the very least slower data speeds because of the "extra step" along the way that your data will have to make.