please help!

Last Updated:

1. jlpages

jlpages New Member This Topic's Starter

I am new to the vibrant, been a long time blackberry user. I have to have the latest and gratest, but can not root my phone!! I have downloaded and renamed the zip file, but cant get into recovery mode, did the volume up and down and power, Nothing seems to work for me. Please help!!! email me at jlp0424@gmail.com

Advertisement
  2. djquick

djquick Well-Known Member

Let Me Google That For You

This is so simple even my 8 year old can do this. It's literally dummy-proof. Just download the one click root program, install it on your computer, run the "Galaxy_One-Click_root" application, follow the 2 easy steps that pop up, and you're rooted.

Just make sure you installed the Samsung drivers on your computer so it can read your phone when you connect it via usb. And make sure your phone is connected via usb when you run the program;)

Good Luck

3. vamp6x6x6x

vamp6x6x6x Well-Known Member

Ok, here is what you do:

1. Download OCLF from the app market.
    2. Open OCLF then click on root 2.1 and follow what it says.
    3. Go into recovery mode by(when the phone is off) holding the volume buttons and the power button down, then after the Vibrant screen flashes for the second time let go of power button while still holding volume keys.
    4. Once in recovery mode go to option 2(it will say install something or something like that) then hit the power button then your phone will be restarted and when it comes back on it will be rooted.
    Sorry if that was confusing sometimes people say I am confusing lol.

4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Thread moved to the All Things Root for you, jlpages.