Please HelpSupport

Last Updated:

1. KrazzyAlexx

KrazzyAlexx New Member This Topic's Starter

ok so my issue is i had a sidekick lx 09 and i bought a htc hero i did the master rest on the hero now its asking me to sign in with google id or whatever but when i do it can't connect to servers... what do i do? can i use someones's t-mobile sim card that is connected to get passed the sign in/ sign up screen?

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

You need a sim card that has a mobile data connection (doesn't matter if it's yours, no) or to find a WiFi connection to use.

I think you should be able to skip entering the email details until you have an internet connection. Though I'm not 100% on that.

3. KrazzyAlexx

ok thanks im going to try with my cousins sim card....... when i try to check wi-fi from the menu it says network operaters and once it scans it shows t-mobile and At&T but doesn't show any wi fi signal... i don't know if its not working or something because before i did the master reset i could use the wifi... but im going to try with the sim and see what happens

4. Xyro

Are you sure that's really the WiFi menu you're using? If it's showing T-Mobile and AT&T then it's going to be mobile networks, not wifi networks.

How much access to the phone do you have? Can you get to the options and stuff? Or are you stuck on the setup wizard thing?

5. KrazzyAlexx

yup its mobile networks i cannot access the wifi yet i have to set up the phone. no access to anything yet i have to set up the google account.

6. Xyro

Some of the newer versions of android have the option to Skip adding your email address. I guess you don't have that though

It would be on the same page where you have the options to sign in/create a new account.