• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Please Help!!

curbman32

Lurker
Jul 23, 2010
I have a rooted ally running velocity v03. It powers up, runs through the LG, Verizon, Droid, Droid Eye. Prepares the SD card, and loads up the screen where the dots are for the password. Gives me a notification that the USB Debugging is on. Then does a soft reboot to the droid screen. I tried using allyrr to recover, but it gives me a JIT error.

allyrr2 got me into clockwork recovery once, but clockwork mod gave me an error also. It said that the security code something was not correct.

If anyone can help me, please let me know.

Thanks!

Hi curbman32,

I am sorry I do not know the answer for you, as I am also trying to figure out rooting the Ally myself. But I wanted to suggest you re-post with a brief description of your problem in the title of the post. It might help you get a response more than just asking for help without saying what is wrong. :) I hope you get a solution soon. I just ran Z4Root myself and now can't figure out how to move my apps to the SD card. This is a very confusing topic, for sure.

Good luck!

Zoandroid

Upvote 0
Thanks McLovlein13. With that and some IRC channel dialog with Dots and a few others I was finally successful. But in an issue closer to what curbman32 is dealing with, I was having some problems today and the Ally spontaneously went into a "boot loop" essentially stuck on the text Android splash screen. I could not do anything with the phone. None of the buttons reacted. So I pulled the battery, just as you are suggesting for curbman32. That did restore normal operation again for me.

I suppose there is no such thing as a "rock stable" computer device. Sooner or later they all need to be rebooted. ;)

Zoandroid

Upvote 0
It just seems the be the nature of electronics. One of our cable DVR boxes needed its power cord pulled just this morning. We tried the built in reboot function twice but that wasn't enough to make it settle down and work. Only a power interruption worked. To my knowledge don't most cable DVRs run Linux OS in some form?

Zoandroid

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones