Please Help!!

Last Updated:

1. curbman32

curbman32 New Member This Topic's Starter

I have a rooted ally running velocity v03. It powers up, runs through the LG, Verizon, Droid, Droid Eye. Prepares the SD card, and loads up the screen where the dots are for the password. Gives me a notification that the USB Debugging is on. Then does a soft reboot to the droid screen. I tried using allyrr to recover, but it gives me a JIT error.

allyrr2 got me into clockwork recovery once, but clockwork mod gave me an error also. It said that the security code something was not correct.

If anyone can help me, please let me know.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Zoandroid

Zoandroid Well-Known Member

Hi curbman32,

I am sorry I do not know the answer for you, as I am also trying to figure out rooting the Ally myself. But I wanted to suggest you re-post with a brief description of your problem in the title of the post. It might help you get a response more than just asking for help without saying what is wrong. :) I hope you get a solution soon. I just ran Z4Root myself and now can't figure out how to move my apps to the SD card. This is a very confusing topic, for sure.

Good luck!

Zoandroid

3. McLovlein13

McLovlein13 Well-Known Member

4. Zoandroid

Thanks McLovlein13. With that and some IRC channel dialog with Dots and a few others I was finally successful. But in an issue closer to what curbman32 is dealing with, I was having some problems today and the Ally spontaneously went into a "boot loop" essentially stuck on the text Android splash screen. I could not do anything with the phone. None of the buttons reacted. So I pulled the battery, just as you are suggesting for curbman32. That did restore normal operation again for me.

I suppose there is no such thing as a "rock stable" computer device. Sooner or later they all need to be rebooted. ;)

Zoandroid

5. McLovlein13

McLovlein13 Well-Known Member

glad i could help, i usually do a batt pull every other day cause my internet wont say its working

6. Zoandroid

It just seems the be the nature of electronics. One of our cable DVR boxes needed its power cord pulled just this morning. We tried the built in reboot function twice but that wasn't enough to make it settle down and work. Only a power interruption worked. To my knowledge don't most cable DVRs run Linux OS in some form?

Zoandroid

7. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

Yes most set top boxes of many types run a lite version of linux