PlEASE HELP!Support

Last Updated:

1. bms122223

bms122223 Member This Topic's Starter

I am having a tough time. I have converted to the G1 phone from the iphone. I love this phone and I see endless possibilities. I am used to using winscp and iphone browser to ssh into the iphone. It was easier to change icons and get in to the root of the files. Is there something like this for the g1 or can you help me? I am looking to change the icons and such for the phone but I am having trouble getting it to work. I ve tried all terminal telnet and such. I can't seem to get it to work when I put it into recovery mode. It always says can't open sd card update.zip file. I done everything. Will someone please help me. It would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. bms122223

I believe I have. How do you know if you have really rooted the phone? I def changed the firmware to Rc29. How can you make sure that it is really rooted?

3. bms122223

I have finally figured out what I was doing wrong. I finally was able to use modded Rc30! I was finally able to change the skins! I was finally able to use Droidsans auto rotate. The problem was I was extracting the zip file to the desk top. From there I was dragging the file into the sd card and then changing the name to update. This was the issue. You actually wanted to drag the zip file into the sdcard and rename it to update. So the moral of the story I was finally able to root my phone! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!