please help!!

1. monimon81

monimon81 Member

So i accidentally hit the "fix permissions" in my recovery list and then as i realized what i pressed, and it started to "fix" them, i took the battery out my phone because i didnt know if i should let it continue....now my phone boots up but it only shows a black screen and vibrates....can this be fixed???? please help, yes my phone is rooted if that matters

Advertisement
    :
  2. palmtree5

palmtree5 Sunny Vacation Supporter! Moderator

If you have a CWM backup, try restoring from that; if not, use odin
    monimon81 likes this.
  3. monimon81

monimon81 Member

I cant even get to the menu where i could use that option ...it powers on, shows the samsung sybol, shows ctmod symbol, then goes balnk and vibrates
  4. cwhatever

cwhatever Life Goes On Guide

if you hold down the up vol button and power button will it go into cwm??????? or the down vol button and power will it go into download mode ?????
    monimon81 likes this.
  5. cwhatever

being you said rooted if it gets moved to rooted section just look there for your thread.
  6. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ Guide

Volume down + camera + power = downloading mode
    monimon81 likes this.
  7. cwhatever

yup sorry about that, my bad..
    monimon81 likes this.
  8. monimon81

monimon81 Member

ok so i can get to the download mode and cwm....i did a restore and it says "md5 mismatch" I dont think i ever backed up my phone with titanium (stupid) i just want the stupid thing to turn on so i can use it lol!!! should i just re-install cwm neing that i accidentally stopped the "fix permissions" cycle?
  9. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ Guide

Did you rename your backup?
    If so remove any spaces or "/" from the name and it should work

And you can just use Odin to fix it as a last resort.
  10. cwhatever

the md5 mismatch, try taking out sd and take off(delete) cwm backup and then if have saved on pc just put back on sd card. if not saved on pc then just re odin to something stock and rebuild from there and always make backups as you progress and save to pc using usb or card reader.
  11. cwhatever

or do you even have any or a backup??????