• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please let this put a stop to the 2.1 drama...

I'm more concerned about the possibility of not being able to root if 2.1 patches it. I'd prefer to wait for Damageless or Flipz to get their hands on the official release and work their magic then I'd just flash whatever they make based off the official release.

As with all technology, someone will find a way to hack it in due time. I'm sure the same w/ go for the EVO when it's released. By the time I get it myself, it will more than likely be able to be rooted.

Why wait for that? Install what they got now (DamageControl 2.08) which is much better than 1.5 already and already rooted, and then do an upgrade to whatever they release next, based off official. The updates are done without wiping in case you didn't know - you keep all your data.

Upvote 0
Why wait for that? Install what they got now (DamageControl 2.08)

Hahaha, well it's interesting the the COMPLETE fully functional Damageless 1.0 is now up to 2.08. I got tired of reading 40+ pages every time I went back to find out what else needed fixing with the ROM.

Just sayin, not hatin... ok
It just cracked me up a little.

lldsandsll
Provide proof or refrain from stirring those drooling (not I) into a frenzy.

Happy Trails
:cool:

Upvote 0
Why wait for that? Install what they got now (DamageControl 2.08) which is much better than 1.5 already and already rooted, and then do an upgrade to whatever they release next, based off official. The updates are done without wiping in case you didn't know - you keep all your data.

2 questions for you,

How is the keyboard in portrait mode? That was the first 2.1 rom I put on my phone (2.07.2), and the keyboard lagged in portrait mode. Want to see if 2.08.1 has improved.

Also, if you are using Apps2SD, what is your external partition set to? Ext? Ext2? Ext3?

Upvote 0

Oh no! I've been rooted for a bit over a month now running Fresh 2.0d - I was more referring to going forwards.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't mind bein teased a little with rumors of an update. I have 2.1 on my Eris and its way faster than 1.5 ever was. But it would still be nice to see someone thinks about patiently waiting. And I wouldn't say my hardware (eris) is obsolete and inferior, our phones are pretty much the same. Guess I'd better get outa here and stop snooping/spying before I get caught Lmao.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't mind bein teased a little with rumors of an update. I have 2.1 on my Eris and its way faster than 1.5 ever was. But it would still be nice to see someone thinks about patiently waiting. And I wouldn't say my hardware (eris) is obsolete and inferior, our phones are pretty much the same. Guess I'd better get outa here and stop snooping/spying before I get caught Lmao.

Upvote 0

Hey well, VZW is gonna cut off support for Eris in due time.. lol (might wanna make that jump to Sprint for the EVO ;))

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones