Support Please, please, please help me.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mark Rushton, May 24, 2010.

1. Mark Rushton

Mark Rushton New Member

May 24, 2010
    Does anyone know how to clear the history from the quick search function on the X10. As you do, I've given the phone a thourough test looking at a couple of gentlemens interest site and now everytime my kids get hold of the phone I have to quickly retrieve it from them explaining 'I don't want to run the battery down'. Please can you help?

Advertisement
  2. Duncs

Duncs Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Male
    Southampton, UK
    Hi, I think you can do it by going to settings/applications/manage applications/quick search box and select clear cache or clear data if the clear cache doesnt work.

Mark Rushton likes this.
  3. lekky

lekky Lover
    VIP Member

You need an app, i think its called history eraser or something.

Mark Rushton likes this.
  4. novalistic

novalistic Member

Apr 25, 2010
    Bottom Left Hard Key Select "Settings" >> Search >> Under Search Settings Select "Clear search shortcuts"

Is that what you want?

Mark Rushton likes this.
  5. Mark Rushton

Mark Rushton New Member

May 24, 2010
    Cheers chaps for all your suggestions I'll give them a go and let you know how I get on.

Mark.

6. juicy10

juicy10 New Member

Dec 3, 2010
    I had the same problem and search on other sites and this one and eventually I found it myself. Go to settings>>search>>clear search shortcuts. All the pages you searched for are now gone in the google search engine ;)

7. rosered

rosered VIP Member
    VIP Member

Jul 4, 2010
    UK
    You need to go to Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications and then Menu>Filter>All.... then find the app 'Quick Search Box' and clear data in there. That will get rid of the knitting patterns you were looking at I believe!