Please post Battery Life on Standby

Last Updated:

1. sinfony78

sinfony78 Member This Topic's Starter

Last nite I left my phone off the charger just to test. It went from 80% to 40% in about 7.5 hours (1am to 8:30am) with only Bluetooth and hourly email synching on (I received 5 emails throughout the nite, 50kb in size max). I do not have Juice Defender (just recently disabled it). I will be doing testing with it installed as well. This is after turning off DRM services and toggling airplane mode from on to off.

If you have the information, can you please post what your battery usage is during standby, and what, if any, extra wireless services you have running (bluetooth, wireless, 4g, Synch etc...) and any other pertinent info.

I just don't agree that this should be normal battery performance while the phone is doing nothing, so I would like to compare with everyone else.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. qbking77

qbking77 Well-Known Member

The main problem is when you are in an area where there is no cell service. Since it's always searching for a signal it drains the battery like crazy. If I'm in a good area, my cell will only drop about 4 percent. But if I am in a bad reception area it will drop a dramatic amount such as 30 percent.

3. sinfony78

sinfony78 Member This Topic's Starter

I have good cell reception (downtown Houston), so I don't think that would be the case. Almost the entire city has 4g coverage, but that I had that turned off. Again, this was with the phone sitting on my nitestand for 7 and a half hours.

Tonite I will do it with 3G turned off using the Quick Settings App and see if that makes a difference

4. icemanjs4

icemanjs4 Well-Known Member

Have you checked to see if you have the DRM process running still? That one process sucks down tons of battery life without you doing anything. I'll lose mabye 5-10% battery life over night.

BTW, another good experiment is to put the phone into airplane mode for 8 hours. If you lose battery life fast, it means you have something running that you need to get rid of.

5. MetaX

MetaX Active Member

For my standby I leave everything as is, with wifi sometimes and it will last well over 24 hours. even with some usage..usually with light usage and wifi on I can get up to around 36 hours...