• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please post here when you have 2.1 installed and working

D

Deleted User

To help the forum and the users, when you have the 2.1 installed please post in this topic.

Just add brief and simple details like:

Where you live.
Network carrier
What FW are you using (eg generic, t mobile,o2 etc)

This will then help other people to know when the update is ready for them instead of keep trying sunday evening onwards to get it

Quoted from the thread...
So I have created this thread for everyone across the world, to post information as they receive the update for that phone.

In the meantime, if your carrier announces when they will release the update, you can post it on here

See...the main point of the thread was for people to do exactly what you made this one for

Upvote 0
this thread was purly based on when you actually get it (hence the title), nothing more, nothing less. It would have made it so simple for people to look in and not see 60+ posts of possible release dates for carriers

Another thread ruined - i give up trying to help this forum

Mods just lock or delete this thread and take my apologies for trying to set up a simple thread to people to follow.

Everybody else - good luck for 2.1

Upvote 0
I wasn't meaning to sound like I was having a go, I was trying to add some of 6000's 'cheese' to the situation.

OK I tell you what... why dont we nominate Cubz thread to continue to be the 'lounge' area for chat about the update as that has already got quite lengthy and keep this one for the actual nuts and bolts?

Upvote 0
I wasn't meaning to sound like I was having a go, I was trying to add some of 6000's 'cheese' to the situation.

OK I tell you what... why dont we nominate Cubz thread to continue to be the 'lounge' area for chat about the update as that has already got quite lengthy and keep this one for the actual nuts and bolts?

I also didn't mean to sound like I was having ago at dibberly, and if it seemed like it, I apologize, maybe it's because i've been in the hospital with my girlfriend all day so I'm really tired :(

Upvote 0
yes cubz..u made a similar thread but it has so much info in there in the 60+ posts about possible release dates and other stuff

rosered....tbh i have given up and not really bothered what thread people post in now...or if infact if every x10 user starts a new post saying they have it.

i am just tired of getting jumped on me in this forum esp when its just to try and help people out

cubz...hope everything works out with the GF

Upvote 0
thats because i am the most humourous in here (IMHO) lol

besides why not - otherwise we'll cry - but the idea of a thread ONLY to say - i have it, uk, tonight is great

but as with anything - it will get hijacked, anyway - thats me done in this thread as i do not have 2.1 yet

lol ye I try to be humorous to keep the forum alive lol but sometimes, some people take it badly and start crying lol

Upvote 0
Right enough of the blarney. I have bumped two of my old posts and am going to create the third cos I can't find it in my history.

Everyone can have there say, no one has sole ownership of a subject. This is an open forum and everyones views are as valid as the next person and have the right to be aired.

I just ask that we keep it civil, don't become proprietorial over an issue and basically keep the really good team of people we have in the X10 forum working together.

Thank you!

Upvote 0
perhaps the mods/admin should make more stickys for important subjects like 2.1 and delete/merge the remaining or new threads into it...

I think the staff limit each section of the forum to 1 sticky. I'd rather all the important topics be a sticky, it wouldn't bother me if it was overcrowded like XDA, but I guess they make the rules, not me :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Yup only one sticky per forum. That's the rules. Which is a shame for times like this imho but I can see that they want to keep a cleaner look to the place, if you go to XDA there are loads of stickies before you even get to the first new post which I can see as off putting or confusing for new users.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones