1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Please post here when you receive ics otaGeneral

1. ghavas09

ghavas09 Well-Known Member

The sad thing is by teaming with my cousin and if I got my hands on a leaked ics rom I bet he and I could fix the issues faster than the LG people could lol
  2. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

Then make a rom for them now. Go on. What you waiting for?
  3. MrB206

MrB206 Well-Known Member

Meh... so does the Asus Transformer...the difference to most devices is negligible (but differences in performance between CM9 and CM10 are substantial).

The rumor is that Gnex upgrade is why we haven't received ours yet. Not sure I believe that, but I'm sure VZ has some SLA with Google to get gnex updates out
    within a certain time frame. If you haven't noticed, that phone gets FAR more attention from VZ than others.
  4. death2all110

Lmao. Yeah, but updates still aren't very timely. They took forever to release the 4.0.4 update
  5. kfj001

kfj001 Member

6. MrDangerous

MrDangerous Well-Known Member

LG Mobile posted a question on what features you desire on a super smartphone. Looks like the natives are restless.

stef7 likes this.
  7. savoxis

savoxis Well-Known Member Developer

8. MrDangerous

I'm surprised that the DInc2 was even promised an ICS update as the hardware is only marginally better than the original. It pretty much came on the market as a bottom end phone for VZW.

My wife, her sister in law, and my mother in law all got Samsung Stratosphere's. We avoided the DInc2 because it was a EVDO phone. Now Sammy just pushed the slightly ICS-looking update to their phones. A fake looking ring lock that doesn't move like ICS. And face unlock. but other than that, the same rom.

RAM is not that expensive, why keep releasing phones that don't have enough to run the next OS?

/rant
  9. stef7

stef7 Well-Known Member

Mr. Dangerous - thanks for the facebook link. I voted similarly for what I want in a smartphone, and left a comment about the Optimus G. I think EVERY reader of this thread with a Spectrum who has a Facebook account should log in and comment.
  10. artcwolf

artcwolf Well-Known Member

only 5 votes for the ICS or jellybean for the VS920 Spectrum, let's vote.
  11. MrDangerous

Looks like they deleted the negative comments.
  12. artcwolf

artcwolf Well-Known Member

yup and someone added LG not deleting user responses from the poll
  13. death2all110

Typical. Companies do this a lot to avoid bad press.

Replace Companies with <insert company name>

s/Companies do/Walmart does
    s/Companies do/Motorola does
    s/Companies do/HTC does
    s/Companies do/LG Does
    s/Companies do/Samsung does
    s/Companies do/Apple does
    s/Companies do/Verizon does
    s/Companies do/Sprint does
    s/Companies do/ATnT Does
    s/Companies do/T-Mobile does

The list goes on....

Moral of the story.....

Every company is guilty of this. I promise you.

Don't rely on facebook as a means to get their attention. Very rarely works.
  14. Monkeyzluck

Monkeyzluck Well-Known Member

I'm more entertained that you used programming language :)

while:
    <spectrum owners wait for update>
    if:< owners complain>
    <do nothing, ignore>
    else:< owners don't complain>
    < do nothing, ignore>
    <return>
    <end>
  15. zoomup627

zoomup627 Member

All.

First time posting, but thought this was pretty interesting.

"Note- This phone comes with Android 4.0 ICS (not Gingerbread 2.3). This is the official LG version, not a hack (I worked for the OEM and had it installed)"

LG Spectrum - 4GB - Black (Verizon) ICS 4.04, With EXTRAS! 652810815062 | eBay

So this does mean it is developed, but just not distributed..
    (or making some tweaks...)

I really hope we get it soon...sigh..
  16. death2all110

#if (FACEBOOK_COMPLAINT)
    remove comment;
    #else if (FACEBOOK_PRAISE)
    promote;
    #else
    do nothing;
    end;
  17. real0325

real0325 Well-Known Member

Well can u pass on the necessary files needed? so we can have ics. Edit: had to reread it. I thought the seller posted it.
  18. Neph81

Neph81 Well-Known Member

It wouldn't do any good. We already have access to the current ICS kernel and file system. It doesn't do any good unless it's a fresh install due to how they locked the kernel down. I'm pretty sure that's the exact same files PG and D2A are using to try and build CM9.
  19. real0325

Oh, thanks for the insight.
  20. affenzeit

affenzeit Active Member

This is developed, but Verizon is sitting on it to push other models. Most LG employees rocking this phone have the final revision of ICS installed.
  21. stef7

stef7 Well-Known Member

affenzeit: how do you know this?
  22. MrB206

MrB206 Well-Known Member

Check the description and you'll see the os is 2.3, but if it has 4.0 like they claim, it's the leak and you do t want a phone with the leak on it. Looks like a posting that should have been reported to ebay for being inaccurate.
  23. cryoaura

cryoaura Well-Known Member

No the first part of the description is just the general thing Ebay uses to describe an item, it asks what item ur selling and posts the generic details of the item.

The seller's actual modified description is following:

LG Spectrum, used for 6 months. In great condition with clean ESN. Comes with original box.

Note- This phone comes with Android 4.0 ICS (not Gingerbread 2.3). This is the official LG version, not a hack (I worked for the OEM and had it installed).

I'm throwing in USB cable with wall charger, extra battery (2 total), 32GB microSD card, and black rubber hard case.

FREE SHIPPING!!!

So he does say it really has ICS on it, not the leak, because of this, if it was really gingerbread, someone could easily get a refund from paypal.

I'm betting this guy is serious on eBay, the question is, if LG guys are rocking it, where is Verizon's stand?
    zoomup627 likes this.
  24. MrB206

MrB206 Well-Known Member

I learned long ago to not believe everything people post on ebay and the Internet. I HIGHLY doubt he has a legitimate version of ICS on that phone; its possible, but unwise if true. If he worked for LG and is selling a phone with an unreleased version of an OS, he could be in big trouble with LG because of the non-disclosure agreements they all use. The only exception would be a non-employee beta tester, but even they are held to non-disclosure agreements until a product is released (I beta tested for LG before, so I speak from experience).

I work for a tech company and if I quit and sold a phone with an unreleased os, you best believe I'd be sued by them. Maybe it's legit, but I certainly wouldn't buy it... A test phone isn't meant to be released to the public before official launch and a guy that installs an unreleased os on his own is probably breaking company policy. If word got to LG, they *could* flag it as stolen property.
  25. real0325

That's what I was thinkin .