2. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

not to mention would be able to tell by just looking at it lol
  3. lfeqlbrm

lfeqlbrm Well-Known Member

XD, yeah. That line also. lol.
  4. bones420la

bones420la Well-Known Member

Yeah I knew I was still not on ifs.. but I used the stock unrooted by nandroid to get back to stock.. and apparently it updated to the same version... it confused me a little .. seems like it would've realized I was already on what it was upgrading me to...
  5. stef7

stef7 Well-Known Member

6. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

did you take the official V6 update when it was out or did you stay on v4 and flash a v6 rom?

Version info is stored in the baseband. I bet your baseband was V4 so the updater thought you were on V4 and proceeded to update you to v6
    badrsj likes this.
  7. bones420la

bones420la Well-Known Member

Just got off the phone with Verizon. had 2 people searching for any signs of an update.. no luck.. neither one could find any info about it other than the phones that are getting ics will update sometime between now and december .. couldn't find any specific info about the spec.

I mention the random reboot issue. and of course they say they haveno knowledge of this being a common issue...
  8. IMUcarmen

IMUcarmen Well-Known Member

You guys waste your time calling these places. They are not going to tell you anything that's not public.
  9. MrB206

MrB206 Well-Known Member

Lol yea, I've said that a few times now. They're only going to be allowed to share publicly available information. I speak from 10 years running a customer service call center for a large corporation.
  10. jd07bos

jd07bos Well-Known Member

Dropped into my local corporate VZW yesterday to pick up a micro sim for my galaxy nexus and asked about the spectrum and ICS. The technician who seemed knowledgeable said that it won't drop until after the HTC Rezound gets its ICS which supposedly is coming before the end of July. So hopefully it is right around the corner for you guys, I'm still holding onto my Spec as a backup. BTW jelly bean is pure butter! no pun intended if you got that.
  11. death2all110

He doesn't know for sure. Its purely speculation. As it has been to begin with.

Anyway, its now 6:18 PM CDT So 7:18 PM EDT and 4:18 PM PDT I'm going to say its now safe to say its not happening today. I highly doubt there will be any news on it as well. Especially since its Friday....Guess it starts all over Monday.
  12. admn81

admn81 Well-Known Member

I'm shocked by no announcement, by shocked I really mean not at
    lfeqlbrm likes this.
  13. lfeqlbrm

lfeqlbrm Well-Known Member

Soo very true. Lol.
  14. finndo77

finndo77 Well-Known Member

I expect the announcement about 1 week after it is available on the server.

3 days after Engadget or another website posts that it is on the server.

I expect I will install it about 12 days after it is available on the server.
  15. death2all110

agreed except ill probably install it as soon as i can only because i have a gnex and im a dev
  16. IMUcarmen

I'm going to be the first person in the world to install it! =D
  17. steamer86

steamer86 Well-Known Member

A race... I accept this challenge.. oh wait.. I already won(Though I failed when it zero'ed my IMEI.).
  18. admn81

admn81 Well-Known Member

lol....sorry imucarmen u got owned by steamer on that one. imu will catch ya in irc tonite
  19. IMUcarmen

Nope. I was talking about the official ota :p
  20. ofHATEandENVY

ofHATEandENVY Well-Known Member

21. death2all110

22. IMUcarmen

23. Staticaxe

Staticaxe Well-Known Member

Went back to pure stock V6 and checked for updates, got "up to date" message. :(

Then, launched LG Software update assistant and something is taking FOREVER to D/L on FiOS Quantum. We'll see.
  24. admn81

admn81 Well-Known Member

Nice, let us know what u get!
  25. Staticaxe

Staticaxe Well-Known Member

Ok, so I attached my phone to the PC. Launched LG Software tool, and it didn't recognize it. So I changed USB connection to "Internet" and "Ethernet." LG tool recognized phone and populated screen with phone info. Then there is a red button on the right that says "Upgrade." So, I click it. Then that same button changes and says "Restart." So I click it again and.... nothing.

Am I doing something wrong here?