Please post here when you receive ics otaGeneral

Last Updated:

1. ghavas09

ghavas09 Well-Known Member

I believe that we will have ice cream sandwich on our LG spectrum by the end of september

Advertisement
  2. MrB206

MrB206 Well-Known Member

Thumbs up d2a...That's what I tried explaining before. I got my gb update for my d2 2 months after people with the same phone in the same city as me.... They do it by IMEI so newer phones get it later than older ones.
  3. woahdroid

woahdroid Member

From what i'm getting, the ICS update is currently rolling out, by region, as of yesterday. Not one person has gotten the update, and they aren't going by IMEI anymore. This is all what I got. Sounds like a load of BS. It could be that no one has reported it, or maybe the servers just can't do all three at a time. Whatever it is, sound a little fishy. Whatever though, I'll still be waiting!
  4. MrB206

MrB206 Well-Known Member

I find it hard to believe vz dumped their method of ota rollout for this one project. My guess is there are some misinformed reps @ vz.
  5. jd07bos

jd07bos Well-Known Member

The rezound just got it 2 weeks ago and it went by esn# not region
  6. azoller1

azoller1 Well-Known Member Contributor

everytime when there is a new post i always think its a post that someone got the ics update, but no lol
  7. Stackrat

Stackrat Well-Known Member

I know. I hate that. It really pisses me off when people post to this thread and I get my hopes up and ... LOL!
  8. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

well getx overit!!

Alcoholissupareffective
    StarScream2109 likes this.
  9. ghavas09

I think we shouldn't be expecting an update release date for the spectrum since the phones that are rolling the update right now ( HTC rezound HTC droid incredible 2 Motorola droid 4) released a release date on the same day it started rolling out... I have my hopes that it does officially roll out before the end of September which may or may not be true but until then I will have to enjoy fiddling with the amazing update of ice cream sammiches on my Motorola xoom tablet
  10. MrB206

MrB206 Well-Known Member

It'll happen when it happens. Besides, you won't have root until someone finds the exploit, so do you really want the ota the second its released? I sure don't. I like my rooted and debloated phone.
  11. IMUcarmen

IMUcarmen Well-Known Member

there are already several root methods for ics on the spec. I would expect to see them released pretty soon after it become official
  12. MrB206

MrB206 Well-Known Member

I assume they were found off the leak, and so do you know if they're going to work on the ota? I'd imagine lg/vz plugged any holes found in the leaked version.
  13. MrDangerous

MrDangerous Well-Known Member

No I don't think so. The root methods were not released publicly. No way for verizon to know how it worked.
  14. ghavas09

I am rooted but I don't debloat or change anything on my phone I'm still 100% on stock os
  15. MrDangerous

MrDangerous Well-Known Member

I've seen even just rooting block an OTA. It knows something isn't right and it bails.
  16. ghavas09

If tats the case someone tell me how to de root my phone
  17. jlbf0786

jlbf0786 New Member

I received the OTA update which sadly made me lose superuser access, but it did the same thing that I rooted it for anyway.. so im cool with it!

I'm running 4.0.4 ICS
    Verizon Droid Bionic 4G

-J

Charlotte NC
  18. MrB206

MrB206 Well-Known Member

That would be a first for me. It's usually because a rooted phone has system apps removed rather than frozen.
  19. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

And whats that got to do with the Spectrum??? lol
    ghavas09 likes this.
  20. MrB206

MrB206 Well-Known Member

Lol I wondered the same thing.
    ghavas09 likes this.
  21. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

No. Not until ota is officially out.
  22. azoller1

azoller1 Well-Known Member Contributor

Hopefully we get it sometime this week, was expecting it last week but wasn't confident about it
  23. ghavas09

I hope so too
  24. admn81

admn81 Well-Known Member

Just wanted to add that given the poor sales of the spec as evidenced by the price drops why wouldn't ics be released? It seems to me that by doing so the sales odd the device would probably increase allowing VZW to get rid of add much of their inventory as they can. I know when I asked people to check last time obviously it wasn't there but I'd appreciate it off someone can check again tomorrow x thanks guys!
  25. scott240

scott240 Active Member

I am still unrooted and will try to keep it that way until ICS. I check everyday and as often as I can, I will post if I get any update. I start checkng around 4am on weekdays and check every couple hours