1. Leevis

Leevis Well-Known Member

2. wysts43

wysts43 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    higge likes this.
  3. shmn

shmn Well-Known Member

I'm curious...I see that a lot of these screenshots show the weather on the home screen. Why do you need to see what the current weather is when you can just look outside?

For me, home screen space is valuable property and I like to have my most used apps/widgets on it for quick access. I don't see the benefit of the 'current weather' widgets. Unless your are indoors all the time without windows. But then why do you care what the weather is outside if you are stuck inside.

I realize that everyone has different tastes, but it just doesn't seem efficient.

And yes, I'm just stirring the pot a bit here.... ;)
  4. jova33

jova33 Well-Known Member

Well I'm in OKC, and the weather is a little deadly over here. Also, if I'm going to doing outdoor activities, and there's a possibility of rain, I'd like to know.
  5. wysts43

wysts43 Well-Known Member

For me its not only about function, its also about look and style preference. If i wanted full "efficient use" of my screen, then it would end up looking something like an iphone... (a grid of app icons)... and who wants that. I (and others I assume) simply like the look of the weather status showing on your homescreen. Not to mention, i can quickly tap the weather widget and bring up the 5-day forecast, etc. With Android, you have the ability to make your homescreen an extension of yourself. Some like cluttered icon grids, some like minimal, some like weather and clocks, etc etc etc. At least we all get to choose what works best for each of us. Keep posting your homescreens!
  6. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS Guide

Rocking ( iNTriNsic Rom ) with ics theme and 100% accuweather.

(TW Rom) bye XcoNja On XDA
    (ICSTheme & ICS Inverted apps & Accuweather) bye Reverepats on XDA
    (Kernel) 3.4.0 KT-SGS4 bye KToonsez on XDA.

Attached Files:

MarciaB likes this.
  7. jova33

jova33 Well-Known Member

Is that a TW or AOSP ROM?
  8. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS Guide

Its a tw rom based off new update mf9.
  9. jova33

jova33 Well-Known Member

Sent you a PM.
  10. thahim

thahim Well-Known Member

11. codyyork

codyyork New Member

I agree with what someone else said earlier, I love the simplicity of my initial home screen. And then I also love the widgets on the others, leaving the dock for the bland, less visually appealing apps that clutter iPhone screens

Attached Files:

12. Bishop99

Bishop99 Well-Known Member

Upgraded from an Lg Optimus M+ to a Galaxy S4. I don't have service at the moment, I'm waiting for MetroPCS to bring the BYOD program to Florida, but I've had time to set up the phone and go with the look I'm happy with. I finished setting up the home page and another page, haven't finished setting up the other pages, still looking. Not rooting or anything, just a simple set up. Loving the phone so far.

[​IMG]
  13. BLACKTOOTHGRIN

BLACKTOOTHGRIN Well-Known Member

:evil:[​IMG]:evil:
  14. ctychick

ctychick Active Member

While you can look out the window and see the weather "condition" (ie, rainy, cloudy, sunny), you can't "see" the temperature. So on a fall day in NY, I can look outside and see that it's a bright, sunny day, but the actual temp could be anywhere from 60 to 80 degrees. Makes a big difference when getting myself and my family dressed in the morning!
  15. ctychick

ctychick Active Member

Agreed. Personalization is the absolute beauty of android. The only "stylized" screen on my phone is my lock screen. I turn on the phone, get a warm and fuzzy feeling, swipe to unlock, and then, but for a pleasing solid wallpaper, it's all about efficiency. Here's my lock screen and home screen:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  16. stringfiend

stringfiend Well-Known Member

17. S Chonson

S Chonson Well-Known Member

18. simes6600

simes6600 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

a throwback from my old iPhone days....

Attached Files:

wrench likes this.